There are newer employer reviews for TESSCO

Great pay opportunities - poor personel management

Former Employee - Market Development Manager  in  Timonium, MD
Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Timonium, MD

I worked at TESSCO

Pros

Great pay, friend, and opportunities for advancement
Flexible vacation schedule
"West coast" business process
Large amounts of autonomy for some positions

Cons

Some of the Pros can also translate into Cons, especially with regard to the "west coast" style of doing business. Things are very loosey goosey, which can often allow under performers float along at great detrement to the business

Drag the net for trash, and you retain some greater number of your most talented.

Also, promote the best... don't let them wallow in low level positions while watching less talented people to move up past them

36 Other Employee Reviews for TESSCO (View Most Recent)

The best job I ever had.

Former Employee - Consumer Sales
    Former Employee - Consumer Sales

I worked at TESSCO

Pros

Structured system, great pay, good benefits, wonderful people, equal treatment between all departments. You can see the difference you make, and you are recognized for your contribution. Very professional company that lets you have fun too.
    The best job I ever had, unfortunatly I didn't realize it until I left and would give anything to go back.

Cons

The structured sales system is a little to stringent.

Continue the course, and always strive for higher, Faster, Stronger!

Great Company, Management needs work

I have been working at TESSCO

Pros

Good benefits, very friendly people, salary is somewhat competitive, but you really have to ask for it. Very good company to build relationships in the industry, for further career growth

Cons

Management may have been able to handle the company 10+ years ago, but it has grown beyond the competence level of current management. Serious management overhaul is needed to maintain success.

Start trusting your employees to do their jobs, stop micromanaging, and get your managers to do management work, instead of trying to pass blame constantly. Learn what risk and ROI are for projects, and how to accurately gauge a projects value based on these and other factors.

There are newer employer reviews for TESSCO

Worked for TESSCO? Contribute to the Community!