TETRA Technologies

www.tetratec.com

Many change have occured in the past 2 years within upper management which I feel has slowed the growth of the company.

Field Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsTetra is a great company to be employed by for the most part. Tetra provides a very good benefit package and have many hard working field personal, as a supervisor i have worked with many different people from different locations and on a 1-10 score of the field people i worked with i rate the employees at a 9.

ConsI have more then 10 years service with the company and have seen good times and bad times. During the past few years i have seen many bad choices for management positions, we have managers running our field operations who have no ideal what we even do in the field and have never had any field experiance. As an Ex District Manager I started from the bottom and worked my way up. Even as a District Manager i went to the field checked on my jobs, employees, and helped rig up jobs as well. Overall i think Tetra as a strong company with growth abilities should recognize and offer promotion to the experianced and hard working employees who really know the job and provide the bread and butter for the upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement, You should do a field survey to each facilitiy and see a few reasons why Tetra as a company is on a slipping down fall the operation management positions you have choose at some facilities is a major problem. I have worked in 5 different locations in my 10 years with the company and seen so much waste and unnessary spending. Some of these facilities need so much housekeeping I would be ashamed to bring one of my customers in for a walk around. As a manager i would not allow these things to occur at my place of operation.

Big Talk and Very Little Walk

Junior Operator (Current Employee) Midland, TX

I have been working at TETRA Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent equipment with experienced field operators. As a Junior Operator, there are opportunities to stay decently… Cons: Patronage is crazy rampant with managers giving work out where it should not be given. When I was first hired, I was told that they… Advice to Senior Management: Don't sell new hires the loads of crap you sell about keeping people in the field because it just is not true. Don't reward people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Tetra is like a family.

P&A Supervisor (Current Employee) Houma, LA

I have been working at TETRA Technologies

Pros: Tetra allows you the opportunity to advance if you take advantage of… Cons: The pay could be a little better. TETRA tends to keep the "Warm Bodies" around to long. Not just TETRA, but the oilfield in general… Advice to Senior Management: Increase the pay, you will see an increase in "qualified"… More
There are newer reviews on TETRA Technologies.

Worked for TETRA Technologies? Contribute to the Community!