There are newer employer reviews for TETRA Technologies

Many change have occured in the past 2 years within upper management which I feel has slowed the growth of the company.

Current Employee - Field Supervisor
Current Employee - Field Supervisor

I have been working at TETRA Technologies

Pros

Tetra is a great company to be employed by for the most part. Tetra provides a very good benefit package and have many hard working field personal, as a supervisor i have worked with many different people from different locations and on a 1-10 score of the field people i worked with i rate the employees at a 9.

Cons

I have more then 10 years service with the company and have seen good times and bad times. During the past few years i have seen many bad choices for management positions, we have managers running our field operations who have no ideal what we even do in the field and have never had any field experiance. As an Ex District Manager I started from the bottom and worked my way up. Even as a District Manager i went to the field checked on my jobs, employees, and helped rig up jobs as well. Overall i think Tetra as a strong company with growth abilities should recognize and offer promotion to the experianced and hard working employees who really know the job and provide the bread and butter for the upper management.

Advice to Management

Management, You should do a field survey to each facilitiy and see a few reasons why Tetra as a company is on a slipping down fall the operation management positions you have choose at some facilities is a major problem. I have worked in 5 different locations in my 10 years with the company and seen so much waste and unnessary spending. Some of these facilities need so much housekeeping I would be ashamed to bring one of my customers in for a walk around. As a manager i would not allow these things to occur at my place of operation.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Ok Place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

I worked at TETRA Technologies

Pros

A friendly work enviornment little or no stress

Cons

Very difficult to advance in career

Advice to Management

hire based on skills not on gender

2. Short-sighted Management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at TETRA Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The corporate office is not in Houston so traffic (getting to and from work) is much easier than it could be. Hours are great and overtime is available (sometimes required).

Cons

The management takes such a short-sighted view on what's good for the company its insane. They also do not advocate for their best employees to senior management which generally leads to the best employees leaving. Senior management generally takes a light bulb approach to employees: get the absolute most you can out of one and just replace the burned out ones. Promotions and pay raises are VERY hard to come by while extra responsibilities are not.

Advice to Management

Make effort to identify good employees and then actually work to keep them. Get rid of the employees that create a hostile working environment and poison the atmosphere. Make an effort to look at the long term perspective.