There are newer employer reviews for THE EXPERTS

Sys Admin

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator  in  Fort Belvoir, VA
Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Fort Belvoir, VA

I worked at THE EXPERTS as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Hands off management!
Good pay increases!

Cons

No reimbursement of travel expenses.

9 Other Employee Reviews for THE EXPERTS (View Most Recent)

A Money-centric work mill, with no real care for the employee

Former Employee - Administrative Technician  in  Vicenza (Italy)
    Former Employee - Administrative Technician in Vicenza (Italy)

I worked at THE EXPERTS full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. The contract they'd won along with GDIT with DoDDS-Europe.
    2. Initial impression, versus previous contract holder and thus my employer, CSC, seemed very pro-employee and supportive.
    3. Required and paid for ITIL-Basic level certification.
    4. Encouraged to be the senior IT advisor to the school, be pro-active on IT matters, work independently.
    5. Highly rewarding work: every contact with the teaching staff was rewarding, as every contact was a success for us both, even problems which some might term "stupid questions." I was there to help the teachers be more effective with their time with their students by eliminating IT their IT problems, no matter how simple they might seem; not to critique their IT skills.

Cons

1. Poor communication with employees: late pay several times and not in accordance with promised pay date. Later, we learned they were selling their contract to a new contractor, and said the pay aberrations were due to this.
    2. No attempt to Hire American. (The primary employees were Romanians, who were sub-contracted with no benefits, likely due to labor laws in the European Union, as the jobs were all for US schools on US-funded "NATO" bases in the E.U.)
    3. This Vet-owned company makes no attempt to hire Vets. New employees are found by the local managers, with no participation with the company HQ, and no advertising by the company HQ in areas likely to be used by Vets for jobs. Jobs are ideal for vets with even minimal IT background.
    4. Their contract paid the same rate whether entry level or multi-certified and experienced IT professionals.
    5. Ineffective HR: 4 months after I resigned, I still had never been clearly terminated by their HR; never received COBRA info. I just recently received a renewed Health Insurance card!
    6. My reason for resignation: I had requested Leave Without Pay for the school winter break, when the school was closed. There was NO work to do. The company--despite endorsement by all my coworkers, the operational chain in my local region and by the program manager--refused, citing unfairness. The contract was Firm Fixed Price, all monies were paid in advance (allegedly), the government required no time accounting, so the company would not have been hurt monetarily. As I told the company upon being hired, IF no operational need existed, time off during school holidays was important, the (relatively-low) wages were not. I was the most highly experienced and most-certified employee on this contract, an Army retiree, willing to work for almost-entry wages, just to be with my wife who was a school employee in this overseas location. 7. I was replaced by an entry level person with no work experience, thus hurting the client.

Cherish your employees; work with their needs, communicate closely. They will support you and cherish you.

Great company, great values

Former Employee - Administrator  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Administrator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at THE EXPERTS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, opportunity for growth. Great environment and wonderful learning experiences.

Cons

At times jobs were not being delegated to the correct employees and made tasks longer and more monotonous.

There are newer employer reviews for THE EXPERTS

Worked for THE EXPERTS? Contribute to the Community!