There are newer employer reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

Cold work environment

Current Employee - Customer Care  in  Mahwah, NJ
Current Employee - Customer Care in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beautiful office interior - company sells beautiful clothes - buying top notch. Best e-tailer for luxury brand fashion in the country. Lovely staff restaurant. Free parking.

Cons

Company culture has gone downhill - people paranoid about losing jobs. Lots of sniping. Lots of unhappy employees. Gossip culture rampant. There used to be a warm, fun environment here but that's lost. The company spent millions on renovation but it's wasted if the people don't feel like colleagues anymore. There's no feeling of community anymore which is a shame because it was so much fun when I started.

The management team needs to cheer up because if you're not happy it bleeds down to us. You're unapproachable. Believe in your staff - if you don't trust us we won't believe in you. 2 years ago this was the best place to work in the state - now we're all looking for jobs.

66 Other Employee Reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP (View Most Recent)

Good company but little support for personal development

Current Employee - Software Dev  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Software Dev in London, England (UK)

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is a great place to work as they provide a great environment and they have great staff.

Cons

Little or no support for staff professional development. Salary is way below industry average but they believe it's competitive.

HR should step up their game in supporting staff with regards to personal development. Look into improving salary and benefits.

Bad managers & no training or development

Former Employee - Web Producer  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Web Producer in London, England (UK)

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great offices, great parties, great discount, great people, beautiful people, social aspect is great.

Cons

Managers poorly qualified, no room for career progession, no training, manager's promote based on people having the same nationality, cliques form, awful salary, too many people in the office now, offices aren't big enough.

Train your managers properly, or hire the right people to manage in the first place. Don't overlook loyalty. Too many managers out of their depth & happy to just coast along instead of thinking about how to help their colleagues & staff to progress through training & development. It's not all about nice offices & perks & the superficial. Pay those that work hard (majority of IT) decent wages. Are you an IT company or a fashion company? Or both? Work it out & then pay staff accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

Worked for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP? Contribute to the Community!