THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

There are newer employer reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

favoritism reigns supreme

Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Mahwah, NJ
Current Employee - Warehouse Assistant in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very friendly coworkers
Encouraged to take PTO days
Nice perks like gym room and cafe with good food that's subsidized

Cons

Unapproachable senior management
Mean human resources manager
Hard to get promoted unless you're a favorite of management
4 day on 4 day off shift system very unpopular - brought in under false pretenses that we were all 'consulted' with but we had to do it or lose our job. It sucks for anyone with a family.
Bad medical plan. We had it good with Emblem and they brought in CIGNA without telling us - very bad communication.

Communicate! Everyone is kept in dark about everything leading people to feel alienated from the company
To the big wigs who come from the UK- quit it with the 'jet visits' where we have to tidy up and roll out the red carpet for you. Don't you want to see what we look like on a daily basis?

87 Other Employee Reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP (View Most Recent)

Cold work environment

Current Employee - Customer Care in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Mahwah, NJ

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Beautiful office interior - company sells beautiful clothes - buying top notch. Best e-tailer for luxury brand fashion in the country. Lovely staff restaurant. Free parking.

Cons

Company culture has gone downhill - people paranoid about losing jobs. Lots of sniping. Lots of unhappy employees. Gossip culture rampant. There used to be a warm, fun environment here but that's lost. The company spent millions on renovation but it's wasted if the people don't feel like colleagues anymore. There's no feeling of community anymore which is a shame because it was so much fun when I started.

The management team needs to cheer up because if you're not happy it bleeds down to us. You're unapproachable. Believe in your staff - if you don't trust us we won't believe in you. 2 years ago this was the best place to work in the state - now we're all looking for jobs.

Great brand for the CV but glad to have escaped

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Staff sales and discounts (30% for staff in first year, 50% in second year and in the quick online sales you could get up to 85% off - I can't pay full price for luxury items any more; not that I want to as working here has sated my appetite for designer goods). Some inspirational people. Good budgets to worth with. Innovation is encouraged. Great research team.

Cons

The exploitation of interns and juniors is unconscionable when the company makes such a healthy profit. Within some divisions (mobile and publishing) there are some absolutely hideous people who have the ear of upper management. Such a shame as the brand and the vision will be stymied by egomaniacs with very little understanding of the bigger picture, and the high turnover of people in these areas will continue. General atmosphere in the office wasn't pleasant, can't say I enjoyed coming in to work here even though I enjoyed the work I did.

Take a long hard look at some of the people in key positions in publishing and mobile and get 360 feedback from people who work for them. The middle/upper management seem to suck up a lot of overhead yet the people who do a lot of the long hours and donkey work are paid peanuts - this must be addressed (and I say that as someone who was paid well).

There are newer employer reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP