THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

www.net-a-porter.com

Be the Best?

Team Lead (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, interesting technologies, lots of challenges, a "keep it/build it in-house" attitude, a wide variety of projects, new ideas flow thick and fast, convenient location (Westfield), nice offices, reasonable social scene.

Consextremely fast growth leads to a sense of instability, the focus on the new is at the detriment of the continuous improvement of the existing, lack of career progression due to lack of trust in the people that are there - ie a tendancy to hire new rather than promote from within. Sometimes a sense of 'decision by committee' leads to an overall feeling of indecisiveness.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave faith in the people you have employed, empower them, coach them, enable them to grow in the roles that you create; this will give a much tighter-knitted feel to the company, which apparently once existed but has since fallen by the wayside, feeling now more like distinct areas of a business that are entirely seperate.

100 best companies to work for? not really ...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Used to be very nice place to work for. Cons: Very limited opportunities for growth, especially for people who work in the warehouse - career progress is only for the friends and family of the… Advice to Senior Management: Be more professional and give the people fair chances to personal development, because you will loose the best people. If someone started… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Customer Care

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than a year

Pros: Excellent & Hardworking Managers Fun environment Examples of internal growth if… Cons: Fast-changing environment Poor company communication HR Team (unapproachable & not genuine) Advice to Senior Management: Stick to your guns! There are employees who expect constant recognition for doing absolutely nothing. Senior Managers should focus on consistency… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP.

Worked for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP? Contribute to the Community!