There are newer employer reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

ok job

Former Employee - Customer Care  in  Mahwah, NJ
Former Employee - Customer Care in Mahwah, NJ

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for less than a year

Pros

made lots of friends. fun sometimes.

Cons

management.needs. training.
high turnover, high school environment

non at this time

67 Other Employee Reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP (View Most Recent)

Love my collegues

I have been working at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees in the NYC Metro locations are amazing. Great people to work with.

Cons

Need a bit more structure in place.

Learn how to develop your employees. People genuinely have a passion for where they work and would like growth.

Really hope this review helps...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

the people in the company - mostly coworkers
    beautiful office space
    compensation
    Natalie Massenet

Cons

the people in the company - mostly managers (cannot stress this enough)
    UK-centric attitude
    lack of growth potential, especially in the US
    poor morale throughout most departments

The best job I ever had. I learned so much about the e-commerce business and Natalie Massenet was always so inspirational. Loved my coworkers and met a lot of people I now consider 'friends'. However the lack of growth potential, the inability for UK management to focus on US specific needs, the poor management style of senior management ended up forcing me to leave to a much better position, where I now feel much more appreciated and growing professionally as a result

Top UK management really needs to look closer at department managers and their actual abilities and likability within their teams. There is nothing worse than having a manager whose ineptitude is only topped by their lack of respect towards their own team members, and simple downright ignorance and inability to listen to any idea that could not only improve business, but could make it stronger, and improve team/department/company morale. Nurturing and growing people on your own team and pushing them to be their best actually makes you a better manager, not ruling with an iron fist and having a Rottweiler disposition. There is so much untapped talent in this company for this very reason.

PS - Not EVERY idea an employee has that goes against company standard means they have a 'negative attitude'. However after hearing it enough times, any employee WILL develop one, which is why the feeling of despair is so palpable throughout the office. Just listen to the idea before tuning out.

The company seems to have gone from a joyous place to work, to a place where you may start to feel imprisoned and trapped in a gilded cage.

There are newer employer reviews for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP

Worked for THE NET-A-PORTER GROUP? Contribute to the Community!