THG (The Hotel Group)

www.thehotelgroup.com
  www.thehotelgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for THG (The Hotel Group)

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in South Bend, IN
Current Employee - Director of Human Resources in South Bend, IN

I have been working at THG (The Hotel Group) full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The Hotel Group is a great company to work for. They are honest, caring, fun, upfront, and truly operate based on their mission and vision. I have had the opportunity to work on several transitions, task force teams, and special projects at most of the hotels in the THG portfolio. There are lots of opportunities for advancement and I have had the best experience being able to work at 3 of their properties, each time gaining new skills and moving ahead in my career. This is very motivating and ties into the culture of providing personal and professional growth opportunities for our associates. I have been with the company almost 8 years and look forward to working for them for many years to come.

Cons

No real cons that I have experienced. Certain opportunites do require relocation. If you are someone unable to relocate, this could be a challenge for you. However, lots of opportunites are still available.

Just continue to keep us one of the top companies in the Hospitality industry.

6 Other Employee Reviews for THG (The Hotel Group) (View Most Recent)

Keeping it Real

Current Employee - General Manager in Richland, WA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Richland, WA

I have been working at THG (The Hotel Group) full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The one thing that is constant in business is change. THG embraces change. They are never stagnant or satisfied with status quo. This is what I love about working for THG. THG challenges the simple things and they are not afraid to question the obvious. You will never hear "That is how we always do it!" Working is exciting and fun when you work for THG.

Cons

Being a new employee can be a little daunting due to the high energy and pace of THG. Hang in there, use your "smarts", and don't be afraid to ask questions.

There are several fast talking Tennessee employees in upper management. Sometimes it is hard for some of us from the Pacific Northwest to understand what you are saying. Talk slower. :)

Favoritism, Nepatism & Liars

I worked at THG (The Hotel Group) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company has been stable and growing consistently.

Cons

Because their are no real HR guidelines to their coporate standard, they prefer to employ only friends, family members and spouses. They run their corporation like a Soap Opera... I would be embarassed to own/operate this company with what is really going on.

Instead of looking at middle management, take a step back and ask what your Executives are really doing.

There are newer employer reviews for THG (The Hotel Group)