Wonderful learning experience just remeber to be flexible.

Former Employee - Site Coordinator  in  Colton, CA
Former Employee - Site Coordinator in Colton, CA

I worked at THINK Together

Pros

- The senior management was very knowledgeable and there we numerous trainings for all the staff.
- The job was definitely focused on the children we serviced and ensuring that the received the absolute best.
- The workload was average and not very complicated.
- The benefits were excellent.
- It was a great environment for someone with little to no experience in the field because of the numerous trainings that were provided which covered a number of areas.
- The Supervisors were always interested in receiving feedback about concerns, trainings, additional trainings, etc.
- The program provided the curriculum that was very easy to follow.

Cons

- There was a lot of turnover and never an explanation given.
- The hours weren't your traditional 8 to 5 and some days you may have to stay later depending on paperwork or if there were any children that were still not picked up.
- The support that you received from your supervisor would vary depending on who you had. I had a wonderful supervisor that was very supportive and had wonderful ideas to resolve issues.
- Some sites were more difficult to work in than others.
- Not all the staff hired to work at the sites with the children were qualified.

I would recommend that they slow down the growth of the company to ensure that the quality is maintained. Also, you have some wonderful staff members that have a great work ethic; they should be recognized more frequently so that they are not lost.

Other Reviews for THINK Together

Aimless Program Leader

Former Employee - Program Leader
    Former Employee - Program Leader

I worked at THINK Together part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with kids, having fun conversations/activities with them, teaching kids the value of education, health, and art, learning what to do and what not do with kids in terms of obeying rules, completing homework, behaving well (good job i guess for people interested in education).

Cons

Big Brother-esqu organization, lack of resources and help from upper management, secretive evaluations that come out of nowhere with all these complaints with which you have no idea how to deal with because as stated your site coordinator and Think Together staff do not care about you growing within the company or learning anything on your behalf. You're kinda of like a monkey meant to go through the motions, I swear the site coordinator is probably mandated to write and fire program leaders every 2-3 months to show the govt or whoever is funding the program that "the rules are being followed" when in fact things like homework completion and bullying are completely overlooked. Think Together's philosophy of educational justice is a total scam and parents shouldn't even bother putting their kids in the program if they want their kids to improve grades and behave better.

The program is NOT about educational justice, it's more like a after care / daycare-like program. And let me repeat, program leaders are totally unsupported. Meaning if you are having problems with kids and/or parents bc they are misbehaving or not doing homework or running around (let's face it middle school kids have loads of energy), IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT and so you will get written up and fired for the slightest mistake. Think Together does not acknowledge the fact that the job is hard for program leaders who may have very little experience with kids but still want to learn more. For example, this was my first time working so close with middle school kids, I don't have a Ph.D in childhood education/developmental psychology but whenever I made a mistake or had an issue with a kid (e.g., students calling me stupid, bullying other kids, disobeying rules) my site coordinator would look at me like i was the biggest idiot and just lecture me on "how kids are" and that i need to control them. BUT HOW?! Also, do not be fooled if you are having problems and the site coordinator comes to help you, you are still being written up.

Stop blaming program leaders for everything, when a kid is out of control and starts jumping around on the tables and bullying other students - there is only so much a program leader can do. Tell them to stop? 3,4,5,6 times? Call the site coordinator? Talk to the parents? There is a line to be drawn, especially if that child has special needs. Perhaps train program leaders on how to deal with these issues instead of just thrusting them into the situation and then writing them up and firing them when they make an unintentional mistake. Also, site coordinators - please stop favoring certain program leaders. As for the actual program it self with homework/activities/enrichment clubs - the homework part should be emphasized more and revamped. we are not really even allowed to tutor students, but when they have questions what are we supposed to say!? also the parents care about homework the most.

Non profit after school program provider about kids

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

Great people all focused on the same goal.

Cons

Non profit pay not equal to industry average

There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together.

Worked for THINK Together? Contribute to the Community!