THINK Together

www.thinktogether.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together

Rewarding experience that allows for growth to those that focus on delivering quality work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

At the core of THINK Together, it is filled with individuals who really want to see students succeed in the classroom and in life. As with any company, there are always those that do not hold true to those values, but overall, most that come to work for this company have a heart for kids and have a passion and desire to be the best they can be with the gifts and talents they have. As with most non-profits, money and resources at times can be limited but hard work, determination, passion and intentional systems for success always outweigh monetary resources. In the region that I work in, teamwork is a priority and a friendly work environment is consistent.

Cons

As with most non-profits, compensation is always going to be less than you would receive for the same amount of work you would do out in the public sector. I would hope that most coming in for an interview would understand that and be desiring to work for the company first and foremost because you agree and support the vision and mission of that non-profit.

The difficulty for any organization as they grow rapidly is to discover the balance of investment into senior leadership/support mecahanisms and staff that actually deliver the product. Both are highly important to continue that growth and to ensure a quality product. As the organization continues to grow, be willing to reevaluate periodically which of those two are a little behind or lower funded and fix the gap. Every ground-level staff and middle manager wants a highly resourced company to work for that is stable and has the ability to move them forward in their life endeavors and senior leadership that is competent and has character. Likewise, every senior leader wants a middle manager and ground level staff that is happy, has a sense of belonging, and feels that there is a future for them in the company if they apply themselves and work hard. That type of employee is worth their weight in gold. That balance is hard to find at times and is a normal growing pain for any company. Keep up the great work, stay true to the core value of the company, seek feedback, and always be willing to rework the systems if they are not helping you accomplish the vision. Doing those things will allow you to continue as one of the best out there.

108 Other Employee Reviews for THINK Together (View Most Recent)

Administration Intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Moreno Valley, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Moreno Valley, CA

I worked at THINK Together as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Flexible, and they support a good cause.

Cons

un-organized organization, it really depends on where you choose to work how well you will like your position. Since it is a nonprofit organization, it's no wonder there is no structure. Honestly i did very little interning, i basically helped with children with homework and assisted the Program leaders.

Be more organized in your HR department, and format a structure that is throughout there whole company as a whole.

Rewarding organization that promotes collaboration and service

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

We help provide educational opportunities in communities to those in lower socio-economic areas. It is very rewarding. We get constant training for our work out in the field, which is very helpful.

Cons

The pay and salaries are so far below the average that it is unrealistic for the tremendous amount of work that we do. Turnover is constant because if this, even in a down economy. Sometimes the actual training can be a bit much. There is a difference between kids and adults. We are treated like kids A LOT. It is unnecessary.

Compensate your employees fairly. We all see the public reports and know how much the CEO makes and top senior management compared to everyone else. The % difference is astronomical. People can't get raises but then we continue to email notices from the CEO about all the new senior managers he has hired.

There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together