"You get what you give"

I have been working at THINK Together full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

THINK Together is is a non-profit that really invest in all share holders and promotes upward mobility. Provides profesional development training and is truly directed by their stated mission an vision.

Initially, I was a program leader (PL) for an elementary program site. Being a PL is not a "piece of cake", however, I found motivation in the students I was making a better future for and had the support of a genuine site coordinator who shared my same goal of helping children succeed. As a program leader, the level in which you directly impact the lives of 20-25 students in your care is immeasurable- more importantly, some fail tounderstand that can be in either a positive or negative way. It is my belief that if you are intrinsically motivated to provide children with the much needed additional support academically, socially, physically and emotionally, the rewards of being a program leader will far transcend the challenges.

As a program leader, I was able to partcipate in a "Building the Bench Model"- a professional development program to learn site coordinator (SC) responsibilities. Aftera thorough interview process, I was given the opportunity to serve as a dual elementary SC. Although challenging, I was able to learn valuable professional skill sets and work collaboratively with amazing educational administrators.

This year I am working with THINK Together in a completely new promotional position in the HC Department. Serving in this new role has allowed me to expand my professional network and positively impact lives on a larger area scale.

Ultimately, you get what you give.

Cons

Employee turn overs- Individuals considering work in the non-profit field should make sure that they motivated by the mission, vision and values of the non-profit they are seeking employment.

Those interviewing incoming candidates should keep in mind THINK Together's mision and vision during the assessment.

Other Reviews for THINK Together

Good if you kiss butt and are fake with management

Current Employee - Program Leader
    Current Employee - Program Leader

I have been working at THINK Together part-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with kids who need the support
    flexible with college students
    A perfect job for college students
    Huge turnover rate with employees, therefore always a job

Cons

Not enough support from upper management

Huge turnover rate.

Site Coordinators will place blame on their program leaders for their lack of performance

Quality Assurance Coaches who supervise the site coordinators have a history of picking "Favorites" and do not support anyone else who they feel will not make them look good

The expectations are way to high, to the point that program leaders should be certified teachers. Most students do not like going to program and consistently complain about being forced to go.

Hold their Site Coordinators and QAC positions accountable for their jobs. Making sure that it is a fair and equal enviornment for every program leader to work in. I was a "favored" PL and once the site coordinator took over, all the relationships with the school and district went sour and somehow all the blame was placed on the program leaders. Advice would be to really care for the PL on the front line of orgranization.

Okay if you're not looking for a stable job.

Current Employee - Substitute Program Leader
    Current Employee - Substitute Program Leader

I have been working at THINK Together

Pros

-Change lives of children
    -Partake in what they are taught
    -Implement the importance of academics at a young age
    -Build bonds with kids
    -Help kids grow
    -Good feedback from management on how you did your job that day

Cons

-Program doesn't always need substitutes
    -Can go as long as 1 month without being called in for work, especially if you go to school and are not available every day.
    -Not good if you don't like working with kids
    -Thrown into the first day of being a substitute
    -Cant always count on a paycheck
    -Not good if you need a stable job with good hours.

Check in with substitutes after long periods of no work to make sure substitutes know to keep schedules open although there is no available work.

There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together.

Worked for THINK Together? Contribute to the Community!