THINK Together

www.thinktogether.org
  www.thinktogether.org
There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together

It was remarkable and valuable.

Former Employee - Supplemental Education Services Instructor in Santa Ana, CA
Former Employee - Supplemental Education Services Instructor in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They offer great supplemental education services program to under-privileged and poverty stricken children who are struggling in English Language Arts or Mathematics.

Cons

I found their provided curriculum that we had to use with our students was not user friendly. It was too excessive. Their curriculum needs to be streamlined and based on current students interests, like an interactive educational activities software, because technology is one of the most valuable instructional tools in education today.

They need to hire more passionate, innovative, and educationally evolved employees.

104 Other Employee Reviews for THINK Together (View Most Recent)

From a former program leader

Former Employee - Program Leader in Santa Ana, CA
    Former Employee - Program Leader in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Experience with helping kids succeed in the classroom is very rewarding
    Helpful Site Coordinators--Some have a vast amount of knowledge about managing a classroom and creating lesson plans
    Program Leaders at my former site worked together to make the day's activities run smoother
    Can get some great ideas about managing a classroom from training sessions
    Great prep for those going into teaching profession

Cons

Only get a day or two of shadowing before getting assigned a class to sub for
    Only 5-7 minutes prep time for day's lessons
    Change program operations rules constantly without input from Site Coordinators.
    Can get sent home early if the site does not have an average of 20 students per class
    Pay low for amount of responsibility.
    Very high turnover

Before you make any changes in the program rules, get input from the Site Coordinators first.

!Too much work with crappy pay!

Current Employee - Program Leader in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Program Leader in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at THINK Together part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Definitely working with the kids, if you like kids and have a genuine ability to want to help them
    -Hands on experience of having your own class

Cons

-The amount of work to do in 3 hours, yes THREE hours!
    -NO RAISES! We should NOT be getting paid the same amount as a new hire after working there for more than 2 years, get real!
    -Don't expect to getting any awards for being in the front line and working your butt off
    -Lack of respect from QAC's, they just think business, not what's best for the kids
    -Kids are not having fun when we're turning an after school program into a MILITARY base, let them be kids, we know how to get them in line and get their attention already
    -Program is turning into a school rather than a fun program, might as well start giving the kids homework
    -Take home work when you're "off the clock"
    -Don't expect to leave during your scheduled time, unless visitors are there because its "illegal".
    -Your 15 minute "prep time" is used catching up or fixing things from days before, get used to it
    - VEEERRRYYYYY high expectations! We're not miracle works, don't expect us to be perfect when we have assessments, those just pressure us even more to be so militant
    -No benefits, no bonuses, sorry

Your "ideas" of helping students and bettering them are great, but we don't have time for that. Give us more hours, higher pay, and then your mission might be possible. Some of your workers are also getting a power high and not respecting us the way we should be. Get off your cloud. Us program leaders are the ones executing this program, NOT the QAC, NOT the SC'S, NOT anyone! If we're doing a great job, let us know. We need praises and raises. We have families that we need to take care of too, remember that.

There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together