THINK Together

www.thinktogether.org

Former PL in the High Desert

Program Leader (Former Employee) Victorville, CA

ProsIt was an incredibly rewarding experience to work with the kids on a daily basis. Getting the chance to talk to parents at the end of each day was beneficial and THEY voiced their appreciation for what we were doing for their kids. The teachers I worked with were very excited about the new program and were encouraging to those of us who were new to the field of education. As with most non-profits (or any job which tugs on your heartstrings), the pay is minimal. That just seems to come with the territory.

ConsUnfortunately, the staff outside of our core group of PL's and SC were very negative. During our 2-day training we were told that there was a high turnover and I assumed that was because people went on to become teachers or somehow grew within the organization. I now realize that turnover is likely the cause of those on the front lines becoming frustrated and leaving. Despite being a brand-new program in the area, our site reviews were frequently met with nothing but lists of what we were doing wrong without much input on how we could improve. A Quality Assurance "Coach" should do just that...encourage your staff based on what they're doing correct and COACH them on what needs improvement. THINK talks about the importance of giving accolades, which we frequently did with our students. Ironically, the only accolades WE RECEIVED were from the internal school staff or parents. If not for the supportive nature of the team at our school (other PL's, SC, students, teachers and parents), I probably wouldn't have stayed as long as I did. Sometimes government funded programs get so caught up in expansion and gaining more contracts that they lose sight of their original mission. It seems like that is the case with this organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf management has any sense, they will read all of the reviews in their entirety in order to see what is good within their company and what areas could use some extra attention.

A lot of work for little pay

Program Leader (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

I worked at THINK Together part-time for less than a year

Pros: - Helping the kids who need it most - Other Program Leaders or Site Coordinators who were willing… Cons: - Low pay for enormous amount of work - Had to pay for kid's rewards or extra activities out of pocket - Mandatory trainings that would only… Advice to Senior Management: There needs to be better communication between HR, senior management, and those actually working in the schools (Site Coordinators and Program Leaders). I would always… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Seems promising, but is ultimately a let down

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Santa Ana, CA

I worked at THINK Together full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - It is great to have a job where you can truely make your daily work mission-driven - The lower… Cons: - Incredibly unappreciate company to work for. -THINK has lost sight of the mission. It spends more time on expansion, and for profit ventures, and is… Advice to Senior Management: Do not just say you believe in the mission. Act on it. Run THINK as though it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on THINK Together.

Worked for THINK Together? Contribute to the Community!