THINK Together

www.thinktogether.org
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together

THINK Together's Mission is to change lives of those who go unnoticed.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The best reason to work for THINK Together is to have a chance to change the lives of children in all socio-ecomonic backgrounds. No child is turned away from this organization. We work to brigthen a childs day. This happens not just on a personal one on one level at the schools but also in the office support team. Every member on the THINK team are working everyday to make THINK Together the best program that can be offered.

Cons

I can not think of any cons with working with this great organization. Can't find fault with an organzation whose main goal is to enrich the lives of children in their communities.

108 Other Employee Reviews for THINK Together (View Most Recent)

Program Leader

I worked at THINK Together

Pros

The best thing about THINK together is being a role model to your students.

Cons

Not a lot of support from administration. A lot of "you're not doing this right", and no "you're doing this right".

Appreciate your employees

Tired, but love the kids

Current Employee - Program Leader
    Current Employee - Program Leader

I have been working at THINK Together part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love the kids, you know you are really helping. Good for college students, Flexible if you are sick and if you don't want to work summers or holidays. My SC is great.

Cons

Too much is expected, we are not teachers. We do homework assistance not tutoring, so parents get upset with PLs if their children don't finish homework or don't understand it. They keep adding more and more you need to "teach" every year. When the QAC is around, watch out. You will be picked to death and if the students are misbehaving; it is YOUR fault. The behavior guidelines are out of whack. I would have everyone being written for bad behavior all day, but then we wouldn't have the attendance we needed for funding. A lot of the parents don't care about the bad behavior so it just gets worse. You must be young to work here, because you are not allowed to sit; it's a safety issue with the children. And some expectations are unrealistic. The stress is too much to try to do everything perfect, don't raise your voice or it sounds like screaming, don't raise it enough then you are letting the kids not follow the rules. The training makes you feel like children and is not realistic. A lot of students complain it is boring and just like school. If it were not for the need for money and my SC and some of the kids; I would be out of here.

Let the kids have fun, it is so serious all the time! Stop treating us like children in the training sessions. We are not teachers, I realize it's non-profit but don't add more curriculum and with no compensation.

There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together