There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together

Not what they seem!

Current Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA
Current Employee - Site Coordinator in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the kids, school staff and site staff, holiday pay, Christmas Special Holiday pay, getting experience.

Cons

Little to no praise from upper management, they change policies and procedures yearly (sometimes mid-year) and expect quick adaptation, pay is way too low for the amount of workload, upper management reprimands and expects change for improvement but does not give much support to assist with said change, you must be almost completely self sufficient in writing lessons, scheduling, and all other admin tasks, very little training is given to new hires especially the part time staff, no job advancement opportunities unless you are willing to work a ridiculous amount of hours, is difficult working here and having any kind of life outside of work (particularly if you're married and/or have kids.

Praise your staff at least once a week, stop trying to chane things so much (it confuses the students and parents).

103 Other Employee Reviews for THINK Together (View Most Recent)

Ridiculous

Current Employee - Lead Program Leader
    Current Employee - Lead Program Leader

I have been working at THINK Together part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The children obviously, mentoring youth and seeing them grow. Children looking up to you, coming to you for advice and being a positive role model for them.

Cons

You have to actually love students in order to put up with this company.
    I started as a volunteer and got hired part time two months later into a problem school (meaning low attendance to the program) I tried very hard to get students to come to class, collaborating with my Site Coordinator about school events and promote the program, no one else at that site tried as hard as I did. The year after that I applied for site coordinator training and I got accepted. When I asked one on one with the trainer about how I can personally improve to become a better employee she said she didn't understand why I was being trained to become a SC because I would never be one. According to her, my supervisor and I were too close (we were friends) and she didnt like my supervisor so that meant I wouldn't get the promotion. Shortly after that I was demoted by force to a substitute program leader and removed from the site that i really loved. I decided to look for another job and then I got a letter in the mail saying I was fired because I missed opportunities of being a substitute. I didn't know I could get fired, I wasnt trained as a susbstitute and I just lost my job of two years basically in the blink of an eye.

The company DOES MAKE YOU WORK OFF THE CLOCK AND BUY SUPPLIES FOR THE PROGRAM OUT OF POCKET. They can deny it all they want, the fact is that sometimes during events I would work 11 hours straight and it would get reduced to six hours and unpaid lunch break...which I never took.

The workload is tremendous and they don't offer proper training. New employees are thrown in and they literally either sink or swim. In my two years I saw many new employees leave.

Favoritism is a thing, and it sucks because people who are actually passionate and involved in education dont get the opportunities they deserve. Right before I left my supervisor told me that in this company you don't get promoted or appreciated unless you already know someone from high up.

Advice to this company is a waste, because they'll always deny any wrong doing and continue to be a crappy company.

They probably know who I am but I really don't care.

Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at THINK Together full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Even as a business major I have found THINK Together to be a stepping stone for future jobs. The Site Coordinator position is great because you are learning management skills while still making a difference in the lives of the children in program.

Cons

Must have patience. Sometimes the students, parents, and staff can be difficult to handle. No day is the same.

People on the field think they don't have growth opportunities within THINK Together. We do building the bench trainings for Program Leaders that want to become Site Coordinators, and for Site Coordinators that want to become Quality Assurance Coaches, but it would be great to expand upon that. A lot of people that work on the field are not going to school to work with children. It would be great if they were able to talk to some of the employees from Home Office to find out what they do, and how they would be able to obtain a position like theirs.

There are newer employer reviews for THINK Together