TIAA-CREF

www.tiaa-cref.org

Not the most dynamic experience ...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe compensation was fair, and there seems to be a true commitment to promoting work/life balance. People who have worked here are knowledgeable (but not to be confused with passionate) about what they do. They offer an EXCELLENT retirement benefits package.

ConsThere is an extremely "old-school" style of management that I found hierachical and exclusive. This means that they are not necessarily open to finding out what employees want/need. They assume they know it already. Progress on projects was always very slow and reactive, instead of progressive. The reputation of being a grandfatherly company comes from its slow pace and lack of young and/or dynamic people. I am not sure if they have ever fully recovered from reputational issues.The last I heard since I left, is that they are STILL working on becoming a recognizable brand and striving to compete with other financial services companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave the ivory tower every once in a while and truly see/hear your employees. Promote people who work hard, and build a stronger engagement culture (particularly in the NYC office). People often seem bored/overwhelmed/drained...

Good place to work with great benefits

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at TIAA-CREF full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits... good health care and plenty of vacation. Good… Cons: Products are a nightmare to deal with and explain to clients. This place is also a technology dinosaur. Limited growth opportunities.… Advice to Senior Management: Straighten out your plan rules and antiquated technology. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

All talk, but nothing to show or produce

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TIAA-CREF full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Work-life balance is there. Nice for those who have families. Can… Cons: There is no career pathing at all! It's completely who you know, even if there are 10-20 more qualified people. … Advice to Senior Management: Stop talking, stop selling the world - do something about it! Get people in there that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TIAA-CREF.

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!