TIAA-CREF

www.tiaa-cref.org

Totally dysfunctional - it is like the wild wild west anything goes.

Director (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNot much to say here other than, yes it is in New York and my manager lives on the opposite coast. So I'm to a large extent shielded from bullying tactics and childish behavior.

ConsLike most of the reviewers have mentioned.

1. Totally bad management and leadership that is only getting worse.
2. Passive aggressive, abusive leaders.
3. People who are ethical, honest, meritorious, hard working, humble, work with integrity do not fit in with CREF culture and they will be targeted, psychologically abused for a year or so and then will be fired. I have now seen this cycle for the past 5 years.
4. Great analysts - smart, humble, hardworking, ethical people are let go every year. So the resultant pool gets worse by the year.
4. Middle management is full of bullies, so people who have no ethics, integrity and are brash and dumb will be promoted. It is a self-fulfilling, reinforcing cycle.
5. If you are a person that are a minority, or don't belong to the cliques then you are in big trouble.
6. This is a pattern in every department. It is not isolated to one department. HR, IT all filled with mediocrity and people enduring management abuse, torture and humiliation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot going to waste my breath on management. But for those analysts that went through or going through manager's contempt and psychological abuse and humiliation, all I want to say is I'm praying for you and hope God will give you the strength to withstand this. Obviously you are a lot stronger to endure that.

Don't worry about those abusers, they will have to answer to a higher power.

WORST PLACE TO WORK AS A SYSTEMS ADMIN!

Senior Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TIAA-CREF as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Awesome bathroom to get away from micro managers Cons: Team lead and the Manager for the server operations team! The team lead is a huge micro manager. You leave to get coffee, she… Advice to Senior Management: Nothing ... its hopeless No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There is life after TIAA-CREF

Service Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

I worked at TIAA-CREF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great benefits, flexible work schedule. Cons: Politics Systems are ancient Procedures change constantly Little to no raise and average annual bonus… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees with respect. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on TIAA-CREF.

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!