TIBCO Software

www.tibco.com
  www.tibco.com
There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software

Nice place to work, shifting directions however

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff QA in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff QA in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

The team atmosphere was great. Lots of collaboration between members of the dev team, QA and tech pubs. I loved the fact that I was able to pick projects or even pet projects to work on and management encouraged it.

Cons

Management made a sudden shift in plans and dropped our latest work from the next product release. A month later they laid a bunch of us off due to the fact they don't have a plan.

Local management was outstanding, they were fair and forthcoming with information. The guys in Palo Alto are ghosts, never saw them. Did have a VP show up for one afternoon and he just reiterated what he had said in the last group video conference, not to impressed.

395 Other Employee Reviews for TIBCO Software (View Most Recent)

Terrible management... mismanagement is an understatement.

Current Employee - UI/User Experience Artist in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - UI/User Experience Artist in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

tibbr (TIBCO's corporate social networking software) has potential. However, whether or not they'll realize it's full potential is anyone's guess. Decent pay when compared with the gaming industry, and fair hours (while a contractor). Good group of people, if you're accepted into the clique.

Cons

Segregated work environment. Fairly dense Indian population with gated attitudes, and/or behavior. [This could be a personal observation, but I've felt that] Because I'm not Indian, I'm an outcast. Poor communication from upper management to production team. Serious-serious bottlenecks. Nothing is documented, so the management style is, "shoot from the hip." Rather than address management issues, and taking steps to resolve the issues, they take the easy way out, and lay off the people whom they lovingly refer to as, "the problem."

You need to reassess your situation. I don't understand how you call yourselves "results driven," when you don't document any of your triumphs/failures. How can you tell people you're making progress when you have nothing to compare your "success" to? A serious restructuring needs to occur at the managerial level in order for survival.

As a small company, Good place to Work gain lot of experience.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

Company has made presence in Integration space and quickly growing into CEP and BPM market which are hot cakes. Also it cares about employees getting trained and learn more.

Cons

Not lot of room to move around. If you are in Professional service. Hence after couple of years you will feel your role redundant.

There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software