TIBCO Software

www.tibco.com
There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software

If you are in marketing and have other job options, take them!

Current Employee - Marketing
Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

You get your own office and the palo alto location is nice and central. The cafe is good and if you like travel, you get some nice opportunities.

Cons

When I started my job here in the depths of the recession, I thought I was the luckiest person in the world. That feeling blew to bits after a couple of months. I started looking for another job almost immediately. People here are mean spirited, egocentric, constantly kissing undeserving management butt and have made a full time job out of it. If you are in marketing services department, you are basically the managements' bitches and they have no respect for you or your life.Its not much better if you are in the other groups like field marketing or product marketing. The management is too lazy to provide any kind of strategic direction. They are petty little people throwing tantrums like little children. They are contantly laying people off from marketing (2-3 per month out of about 75 marketing people) and it has absolutely no correlation with how good you are. I know people who come running to justify why so & so was laid off - but it really just has to do how much posturing you do. I have been most diappointed to see the few decent people around here either leave or get laid off. Sales knows you have a short shelf life and just ignores you making your job that much harder. I am always shocked we make the numbers - a few good sales guys and deep accounts do the trick everytime.
Anyways...I have an offer another company which I have accepted and am screaming happy about it. Bye TIBCO and I hope our paths never cross again! :=). If you are unemployed with a job offer here, my advice is to keep looking even after you join. If you are employed dont quit just yet. There are better companies where you will get offers.

Go to management school - again - and pay more attention in class this time.

406 Other Employee Reviews for TIBCO Software (View Most Recent)

good technical work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

challenging work and good products

Cons

salary, career growth, transparency, lacking direction, insufficient from customer o field

should look at what is needed by customer and what is being offered

Great learning experience

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

Great people that foster a good team environment. Innovative technology that covers major trends in information technology. Flat team hierarchy with an informal management style.

Cons

For offices outside head quarters there is very little scope for career progression as satellite offices are sales and consulting services driven only. Management is not very innovative and creative.

Very good breed of people in TIBCO but these people are not harnessed to the best of their ability. Technical functions such as product and engineering functions should be more distributed to other global locations.

There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software