There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software

OK but not extremely exciting

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

Individual contributors are very nice for the most part but they form silos.

Cons

Extremely cost conscious and traditional management (9-5, no remote working, etc), Some serious cross-department politics, sr Management seems to have ego as motivation rather than the advancement of the company when making decisions but this is the case in most companies...

Make sure departments cooperate with each other. Seems there are a lot of silos. Be a little more proactive creative to motivate employees other than sales.

381 Other Employee Reviews for TIBCO Software (View Most Recent)

TIBCO Tries harder

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

TIBCO is a serious competitor to the much larger super players Oracle, SAP, IBM and as such places special emphasis on product and service performance and quality. This dynamic also lends an air or urgency and shared passion for success.

Cons

TIBCO has a much higher degree of bureaucracy than is necessary for a mid sized company. The legal department is very ponderous and overly conservative (contracts revenue recognition) , there are a million systems for compensation, expenses, vacation etc, poorly supported by a provincial IT organization, Benefits choices are not great although at par but a reasonable team there. In all, these are a distant second to the pros above.

Nice place to work, shifting directions however

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff QA in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff QA in Seattle, WA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

The team atmosphere was great. Lots of collaboration between members of the dev team, QA and tech pubs. I loved the fact that I was able to pick projects or even pet projects to work on and management encouraged it.

Cons

Management made a sudden shift in plans and dropped our latest work from the next product release. A month later they laid a bunch of us off due to the fact they don't have a plan.

Local management was outstanding, they were fair and forthcoming with information. The guys in Palo Alto are ghosts, never saw them. Did have a VP show up for one afternoon and he just reiterated what he had said in the last group video conference, not to impressed.

There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software