Redundant

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Palo Alto, CA
Former Employee - Account Executive in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

TIBCO is the Gold Standard in Integration Software. The employees are dedicated and passionate about the company and the products. Large client base consisting of the largest companies on the planet. OK benefits package, nice corporate campus located in the middle of Silicon Valley, entreprenueral spirit,

Cons

Disconnected and or disinterested Senior Management. Lack of consistent marketing and branding program to get TIBCO's name out of just IT and into the Board room. Large amount of technical talent leaving the company in the last year. Disconnect between new product development and what clients are asking for.

Seek out feedback from all levels within the company, not just VP and above.
Meet with your clients regularly and really understand their pressing business issues

Other Reviews for TIBCO Software

I wouldn't work at Tibco again.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

The on site cafe, the once a month birthdays and happy hours, and if you like to have an office, most people get them. The management team is hands off if you like that kind of environment and the privacy of having your own office. Most departments seemed pretty flexible on when you come in and leave as long as you get your work done. Blackberry's were given out to most people I saw at the company. I met some great individuals there who are no longer with the company for the same reason that I am not. I hear there are opportunites to work at different offices around the world.

Cons

Poor management team, and it often felt as though they played favorites for some. There was often no direction with projects that were handed off to others. No one seems to work together as a team, it seems like a lot of people work by themselves without getting input from others. There always seemed to be a lot of people leaving the company and new people coming in all the time - high turnover. The review process seemed a little out of whack in that they base your score on if you get a bonus, making some people unable to get a bonus because they were off by ".1" percent.

Unfortunately, I think the management team needs a lot of advice. They need to engage departments more to make them feel as if they are on a team and not in it alone.

TIBCO is a solid place to work...yet not one for all stars and those who want to advance.

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Solid pay, great benefits, and while I was there, a fantastic manager. Favorites are taken care of by executive management...and quite often, those who actually did the work on large deals were neglected. While compensation was adequate (and in reality, relatively high), those who excelled did not earn much more than those who did not.

Cons

Poor vision at high levels...field employees are often neglected..lack of innovation. This isn't necessarily an awful thing if TIBCO would stick to what it did best (integration and high speed messaging), but some bad decisions were made in acquiring companies that really didn't fit into TIBCO's overall universe well.

Award those that stand out...or you'll lose them.

There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software.

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!