There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software

Customer-Facing

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Talented employees, good technology, aggressive sales team.

Cons

Senior management is virtually incompetent, with few exceptions.

Retire.

381 Other Employee Reviews for TIBCO Software (View Most Recent)

Corporate Office Focus

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at TIBCO Software

Pros

The position offered a great deal of autonomy. Often allowing me to get involved with additional projects, and products when I was interested in them. Regional focus has also allowed me to become close with my co-workers and allows us to back each other up.

Cons

I enjoy working at TIBCO. Unfortunately, I find that being a part of the regional office leaves me at a disadvantage. Within my position I often need to work closely with many different TIBCO employees. Often times resources at the corporate office are not as responsive to the field staff as you would hope for.

The advice I would offer to the leadership of TIBCO would be to become more focused on the field staff. Sales, services and marketing personnel are often the only customer and prospect facing staff, yet they can be hamstrung by a lack of communication from the leadership at the home office. Additionally, a greater leadership focus on the field would cause a trickle down to the support staff.

Among the best people and products, with a mixed management team

I worked at TIBCO Software

Pros

Some of the most scalable, proven products on the market, and many great individual contributors in the field and engineering. Uniquely positioned to serve the needs of the high end market. Very sales driven.

Cons

Engineering is technology and buzz driven right now, not market driven, building products that take a while to find their market while existing products that still have growth are started for resources.

No clear unified platform strategy, though this may change.

No strong strategy of growth through acquisition or new target markets that's driving real growth other than Spotfire, which has been a great addition.

A greater focus on the business, not IT, both in product direction and the field. That should have been obvious during this recession. iProcess should have been leveraged much more that it has been.

There are newer employer reviews for TIBCO Software