TILL Inc.
tillinc.org Dedham, MA 500 to 999 Employees

Nothing innovative about this company...

Day Support Professional (Current Employee)
Dedham, MA

I have been working at TILL Inc.

ProsStaff work well together. Decent benefits package.

Cons-TILL promotes itself as an innovative human services agency but I have seen nothing innovative about it in all the time I have spent working there. In reality, TILL suffers from a common ailment in the human services industry, it has gotten way too comfortable with "entitlements" that it receives from the state and federal governments. When the state cuts entitlements everyone will suffer from the staff to the clients.

-Training is not provided to the managers of the day hab sites. The director hires these people and shadows them for a week and then leaves them out to dry. This is not an approach conducive to a healthy environment for the clients or the staff because eventually some managers get so stressed that they begin taking it out on the staff by being demeaning and talking down to them. An example of the lack of training is the fact that managers now require "budget meetings" with a book keeper. In the past managers have been able to do this job themselves and then submit it to the director. But now, due to lack of training in budgeting the book keeper has to sit with managers and tabulate the receipts with them. Managers are paranoid about spending any money and because of this the clients lose out on things that could be beneficial to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTILL management has to wake up and realize that the entitlements will be cut severely in the coming years due to issues with the economy. TILL can do this by creating truly innovative programming which generates revenue and puts clients to work at the best of their ability.

The director needs to provide regular training for the managers. This will assure quality programming and in turn happier staff and happier clients.

Encourage ideas for micro business from staff with generated revenue going back to both the staff and the clients.

Disrespectful and unprofessional

DSP (Current Employee)
Dedham, MA

I have been working at TILL Inc.

Pros: The clients are fantastic, the benefits are fair, and the staff works well… Cons: Management can be demeaning and unprofessional, often ending meetings with the line "your excused". Often you are spoken to in front of other staff… Advice to Senior Management: You get better results if you have confidence and chose your words more wisely when speaking with a person. Praising someone for their hard work… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great agency to work for if you like to work hard.

I have been working at TILL Inc. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: stability in a unstable fiscal environment, major focus on… Cons: less micro managing of those who have demonstrated they don't… Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening to those who have a valid point, be… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on TILL Inc..

Worked for TILL Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TILL Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TILL Inc. CEO Dafna Krouk-Gordon. All reviews posted anonymously by TILL Inc. employees.