TJ Maxx

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milledgeville, GA
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milledgeville, GA

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are pretty good about giving time off when requested in time. Give quarterly raises based on improvement, reliability, and customer service ability. The associates are very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

The biggest problem I had with this company is the way they do the attendance. When you clock in one minute late they write that in your chart. They treat you as if you were an hour late, and there have been plenty of times that I have had to clock in late because they like to take their time opening the doors to let me in. My manager has told me that she does not know how long it may take her to get to the door, which it should never take more than two minutes but has taken them fifteen, so I should leave even earlier. I already arrive five to ten minutes early ninety percent of the time.

642 Other Employee Reviews for TJ Maxx (View Most Recent)

A Fair Employer

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Portland, OR

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is fair, scheduling is fair, there is some room for advancement considering the unemployment rate in Portland, OR. The store is clean and neat, and coworkers are friendly.

Cons

Not enough hours (like 20 a week), a somewhat paranoid working atmosphere, FECs don't get paid enough, there isn't much money for raises. Employee theft by coworkers means that the rest of us are worried about being suspected by management. It is hard to feel secure here.

Hawking the credit cards can make some customers rude and even insulting, it is hard to make them understand that we are just doing our jobs. Some people just don't like you, and get all up in your face about it.

Positive reinforcement will make your employees loyal to you and the company.

Boring

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate/Fitting Room Attendant in Columbia, SC

I worked at TJ Maxx part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You meet great people, the management is pretty lenient and I learned a lot about organizing clothes that I apply to everyday things

Cons

Other workers don't care and leave you to pick up their slack, pay raises are rare, store manager was an extreme micro manager

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx