TJ Maxx

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx

Former Sales Associate

Former Employee - Merchandise/Sales Associate in Panama City, FL
Former Employee - Merchandise/Sales Associate in Panama City, FL

I worked at TJ Maxx part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Was my first "real" job, worked on and off for almost 3 years...Great for part-time employment. I loved my managers even though I sometimes felt under-appreciated. They were very understanding about personal situations and make you feel like family in a way.

Cons

Unless you are working towards a management positions it isn't a career job.

641 Other Employee Reviews for TJ Maxx (View Most Recent)

Like Managing a Revolving Garage Sale

Current Employee - Store Manager in Corona, CA
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Corona, CA

I have been working at TJ Maxx full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are employed and given many hopes and promises of advancement and sold the company culture.

Cons

You are expected to work 60 plus hours weekly and more during inventories and unrealistic expectations of how to get the work done with budgets that are deplorable.

Seek an alternative way to merchandise your stores that makes maintaining them realistic.

Means to an End

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Having one part time job that you're not turning cartwheels about is better than having nothing.
    Some really nice people work there you always get to meet your "work friends"
    not all that difficult, given my particular position at the store.
    Room enough to breath but not terribly huge store.
    Payment every Friday.
    It was a means to an end so I didn't wind up having no job over summers and holidays.

Cons

The management preach about how the associates need to do this and that by the letter but then they don't back it up themselves. They do not communicate with each other. They don't come to a mutual resolve about how they'll deal with a situation. One shouldn't have to only speak to this certain manager or that certain manager, and avoid another one, just so they can get something done and done right. Very disorganized. They like to work people to death and don't take into account that some of them have full time jobs other than there. But then complain about too much overtime. You are expect to sell those TJmaxx cards and they'll hound you to death about it, but they don't give you any reward for selling enough, aside from a mug.
    Dumb policies.

Get it together, Listen to your associates and treat them right, and stop acting like you have the right to work them to death. Communicate, discuss things so you all know what's up, it shouldn't be that difficult. Stop letting certain managers keep people past their normal hours during normal closing times, for things that aren't that serious, and then turn around and complain about overtime.
    A little respect goes a long way.

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx