TJ Maxx

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx

Means to an End

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Having one part time job that you're not turning cartwheels about is better than having nothing.
Some really nice people work there you always get to meet your "work friends"
not all that difficult, given my particular position at the store.
Room enough to breath but not terribly huge store.
Payment every Friday.
It was a means to an end so I didn't wind up having no job over summers and holidays.

Cons

The management preach about how the associates need to do this and that by the letter but then they don't back it up themselves. They do not communicate with each other. They don't come to a mutual resolve about how they'll deal with a situation. One shouldn't have to only speak to this certain manager or that certain manager, and avoid another one, just so they can get something done and done right. Very disorganized. They like to work people to death and don't take into account that some of them have full time jobs other than there. But then complain about too much overtime. You are expect to sell those TJmaxx cards and they'll hound you to death about it, but they don't give you any reward for selling enough, aside from a mug.
Dumb policies.

Get it together, Listen to your associates and treat them right, and stop acting like you have the right to work them to death. Communicate, discuss things so you all know what's up, it shouldn't be that difficult. Stop letting certain managers keep people past their normal hours during normal closing times, for things that aren't that serious, and then turn around and complain about overtime.
A little respect goes a long way.

642 Other Employee Reviews for TJ Maxx (View Most Recent)

Like when you get to know someone...

Former Employee - Fitting Room and Jewelry Associate in North Parkersburg, WV
    Former Employee - Fitting Room and Jewelry Associate in North Parkersburg, WV

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers
    Corporate contests
    *as well as monthly allowance for "work parties"
    Individual Rewards
    Family-like employment atmosphere

Cons

Inablility to follow through
    Younger employees not taken as serious as older ones
    Unorganized Management
    Too many coordinators and managers

Get your act together. I expected this to be a really nice retail store, great management, and awsesome co-workers. I worked here for a year and left for another job, because of awful, awful management. I came back and worked here for another 6 months because I heard it was under new management. This is nothing against members of management personally as I know most are great people outside of the workplace. I believe it is just their lack of skillset. Corporate really needs to up their standards and follow through protocol. That's all I have to say.

Amazing

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boise, ID

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I got to work with a range of different types of individuals and customers which made the working environment enjoyable. It is a great job to have if your still in high school to just work weekends or a full time college student.

Cons

The pay is not the greatest you have to be a hard worker to be able to do this type of job. Another part is when there are employees who just walk around and does nothing to help recover the store nicely for the next day just makes more work for mine/other hard working employees.

I believe that management needs to recognize the level of effort their employees give at work. I think they should give harder working employees more hours, pay, even recognition would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx