TJ Maxx

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx

Temp warehouse job

Former Employee - Temp In Warehouse in Worcester, MA
Former Employee - Temp In Warehouse in Worcester, MA

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good hours, reasonable pay, shift differential on second shift. Benefits look good if you become a perm. Relatively clean warehouse. Easy but repetitive work.

Cons

I was trained by a person who started one week before me. Union pecking order and union does not listen to any temps. Supervisors constantly hit on us. Made it pretty evident that if you went out with them, you would get better work orders. Several of the associates have relationships with supervisors and have better jobs. No policy against it. Union did not do anything about it. Have to work as a temp to qualify to get rehired in the spring. Not sure how they rated us. Said don't call us, we'll call you.

Clarify what it takes to become a full time worker.

713 Other Employee Reviews for TJ Maxx (View Most Recent)

Means to an End

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at TJ Maxx part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Having one part time job that you're not turning cartwheels about is better than having nothing.
    Some really nice people work there you always get to meet your "work friends"
    not all that difficult, given my particular position at the store.
    Room enough to breath but not terribly huge store.
    Payment every Friday.
    It was a means to an end so I didn't wind up having no job over summers and holidays.

Cons

The management preach about how the associates need to do this and that by the letter but then they don't back it up themselves. They do not communicate with each other. They don't come to a mutual resolve about how they'll deal with a situation. One shouldn't have to only speak to this certain manager or that certain manager, and avoid another one, just so they can get something done and done right. Very disorganized. They like to work people to death and don't take into account that some of them have full time jobs other than there. But then complain about too much overtime. You are expect to sell those TJmaxx cards and they'll hound you to death about it, but they don't give you any reward for selling enough, aside from a mug.
    Dumb policies.

Get it together, Listen to your associates and treat them right, and stop acting like you have the right to work them to death. Communicate, discuss things so you all know what's up, it shouldn't be that difficult. Stop letting certain managers keep people past their normal hours during normal closing times, for things that aren't that serious, and then turn around and complain about overtime.
    A little respect goes a long way.

Like when you get to know someone...

Former Employee - Fitting Room and Jewelry Associate in North Parkersburg, WV
    Former Employee - Fitting Room and Jewelry Associate in North Parkersburg, WV

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers
    Corporate contests
    *as well as monthly allowance for "work parties"
    Individual Rewards
    Family-like employment atmosphere

Cons

Inablility to follow through
    Younger employees not taken as serious as older ones
    Unorganized Management
    Too many coordinators and managers

Get your act together. I expected this to be a really nice retail store, great management, and awsesome co-workers. I worked here for a year and left for another job, because of awful, awful management. I came back and worked here for another 6 months because I heard it was under new management. This is nothing against members of management personally as I know most are great people outside of the workplace. I believe it is just their lack of skillset. Corporate really needs to up their standards and follow through protocol. That's all I have to say.

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx