TJ Maxx

www.tjmaxx.com

Temp warehouse job

Former Employee - Temp In Warehouse  in  Worcester, MA
Former Employee - Temp In Warehouse in Worcester, MA

Pros

Good hours, reasonable pay, shift differential on second shift. Benefits look good if you become a perm. Relatively clean warehouse. Easy but repetitive work.

Cons

I was trained by a person who started one week before me. Union pecking order and union does not listen to any temps. Supervisors constantly hit on us. Made it pretty evident that if you went out with them, you would get better work orders. Several of the associates have relationships with supervisors and have better jobs. No policy against it. Union did not do anything about it. Have to work as a temp to qualify to get rehired in the spring. Not sure how they rated us. Said don't call us, we'll call you.

Clarify what it takes to become a full time worker.

Other reviews for TJ Maxx

What have you done wrong lately?

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

Pros

Good growth potential due to expansion.
    Excellent sales gains

Cons

When CEO Meyrowitz began preaching accountability 2 years ago many upper management took that to continually look for the negative and write people up for that.
    They send you to many seminars on how to speak to and treat associates but then upper management does not use that teaching themselves when working with middle management. The company praises its "open door policy" but it does not extend above the District manager levellevel.

Get positive! Look for the positive more frequently.
    Customer service will improve through adding payroll hours. Company has been cutting payroll for the last 13 years yet expects more.

Former Sales Associate

Former Employee - Merchandise/Sales Associate  in  Panama City, FL
    Former Employee - Merchandise/Sales Associate in Panama City, FL

Pros

Was my first "real" job, worked on and off for almost 3 years...Great for part-time employment. I loved my managers even though I sometimes felt under-appreciated. They were very understanding about personal situations and make you feel like family in a way.

Cons

Unless you are working towards a management positions it isn't a career job.

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx.

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!