TJ Maxx

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx

Temp warehouse job

Former Employee - Temp In Warehouse in Worcester, MA
Former Employee - Temp In Warehouse in Worcester, MA

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good hours, reasonable pay, shift differential on second shift. Benefits look good if you become a perm. Relatively clean warehouse. Easy but repetitive work.

Cons

I was trained by a person who started one week before me. Union pecking order and union does not listen to any temps. Supervisors constantly hit on us. Made it pretty evident that if you went out with them, you would get better work orders. Several of the associates have relationships with supervisors and have better jobs. No policy against it. Union did not do anything about it. Have to work as a temp to qualify to get rehired in the spring. Not sure how they rated us. Said don't call us, we'll call you.

Clarify what it takes to become a full time worker.

632 Other Employee Reviews for TJ Maxx (View Most Recent)

What have you done wrong lately?

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good growth potential due to expansion.
    Excellent sales gains

Cons

When CEO Meyrowitz began preaching accountability 2 years ago many upper management took that to continually look for the negative and write people up for that.
    They send you to many seminars on how to speak to and treat associates but then upper management does not use that teaching themselves when working with middle management. The company praises its "open door policy" but it does not extend above the District manager levellevel.

Get positive! Look for the positive more frequently.
    Customer service will improve through adding payroll hours. Company has been cutting payroll for the last 13 years yet expects more.

It was great, a lot of micromanaging, but my co-workers made it bearable.

Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TJ Maxx part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get first pick of all new merchandise before it hits the sales floor, co-workers are super cool and don't mind picking up your shift and switching days when needed, always met interesting customers, you get to shop as you work (sometimes), and there is room for promotion. You have a variety of older and younger co-workers and they become like family

Cons

Standing on your feet all day, dealing with rude customers and customers who put the money on the counter instead of your hand, cannot have your cellphone on you (like in high school), and the associate discount is only 10%(tax).

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx