TJ Maxx
www.tjmaxx.com Framingham, MA 16 to 50 Employees

Temp warehouse job

Temp In Warehouse (Former Employee)
Worcester, MA

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time for less than a year

ProsGood hours, reasonable pay, shift differential on second shift. Benefits look good if you become a perm. Relatively clean warehouse. Easy but repetitive work.

ConsI was trained by a person who started one week before me. Union pecking order and union does not listen to any temps. Supervisors constantly hit on us. Made it pretty evident that if you went out with them, you would get better work orders. Several of the associates have relationships with supervisors and have better jobs. No policy against it. Union did not do anything about it. Have to work as a temp to qualify to get rehired in the spring. Not sure how they rated us. Said don't call us, we'll call you.

Advice to Senior ManagementClarify what it takes to become a full time worker.

What have you done wrong lately?

District Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good growth potential due to expansion. Excellent sales gains Cons: When CEO Meyrowitz began preaching accountability 2 years ago many upper management took that to continually look for the negative and write people up… Advice to Senior Management: Get positive! Look for the positive more frequently. Customer service will improve through adding… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Former Sales Associate

Merchandise/Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Panama City, FL

I worked at TJ Maxx part-time for more than a year

Pros: Was my first "real" job, worked on and off for almost 3 years...Great for part-time employment. I loved my managers even… Cons: Unless you are working towards a management positions it isn't… More

There are newer reviews on TJ Maxx.

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJ Maxx reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TJ Maxx CEO Carol Meyrowitz . All reviews posted anonymously by TJ Maxx employees.