There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx

Fond Memories of a career i miss

Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator  in  Blasdell, NY
Former Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Blasdell, NY

I worked at TJ Maxx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Blasdell-Hamburg location has professionals there that ten and twenty year veterans of the retail industry.Open door policy is truly an open door.Awesome benefits for full time...some paid time off even for part timers.

Cons

Better more "regular" policy alerts needed...

Cherish the experienced employees...they are what makes this location great !!!!

575 Other Employee Reviews for TJ Maxx (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I worked at TJ Maxx part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

TJ Maxx is a really fun work environment. I really enjoyed all of the different parts of the job. You don't do the same things every day. You move around and get to experience different aspects of working in retail.

Cons

The main challenge would be the starting pay rate. Other than that, I think it is a great place to work. I enjoyed working there.

I think it would be nice to recognize employees more, either on a store or individual level.

Management is not happy. Too many unqualified people work here

Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Merchandise Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at TJ Maxx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay check every week. I gained a lot of experience because I pushed myself. The resources are there, you have to find them. Once you gain knowledge of this industry, you can apply that knowledge to a better company. I recommend everyone who truly loves fashion and people to avoid applying at TJ Maxx, especially if you are knowledgeable, very fashion oriented, and professional with good manners.

Cons

Management hires too many people that are immature, unprofessional, and ugly (attitude and appearance). The interview process did not consist of any questions. Basically, TJ Maxx just calls everyone they were interested in, put them in a room, talked about the company, and dismissed everyone. They basically pick anyone, that's why TJ Maxx is full of employees that are incompetent (literally, they can't count rocks even if their life depended on it). There are call-outs everyday and the customer service score is very low. From my experience, I've had an employee in the back house curse at me and then "sympathetically" apologize, I've had a person above me always try to find my flaws (I put a black censor on a runway apparel and put it on the return rack. Of all the things she could of found on the return rack, she went to the one I processed and took the censor out just to say: the yellow dot needs to match the price of the clothes. I'm thinking, customers don't even see the dot, it's just a small issue. Would it have hurt for her to just fix it? She was so proud to find my flaw, she said it loud and breathing heavily with so much happiness to discover that I made a flaw. I've experienced employees that refuse to cooperate and listen to what I have to say because they are sincerely proud of coming from the streets with ABC knowledge. I have loss all respect for this company to the point where I am leaving. Before I am leaving, I enjoy doing call-outs just to drive you guys nuts. I don't care anymore because Management knows well who is mean to me and does nothing about it. I mentioned the attitude a co-worker gave me to a manager and the manager says, "she's ghetto". That's it. Also, the store manager's intelligence is comparable to a stone. I was scanning a customer's purchase. I encountered an issue and asked for assistance. She comes, looks at my screen and says, "you scan that item twice." The customer says to the store manager, "well, I bought two of those." Even the store manager just comes up to me and chooses to be an egg-head. Right when she walks in, she complains about the shoes being on the floor in the shoe department before even looking on the line-up to see who is working the shift and where every associate is. To think that I ever wanted to grow with this company, I just feel silly. Managers don't even look like they want to be here themselves. Where is the "lead by example" idea demonstrated?

Look at the people you hire. Tattooed, wearing tights and tennis shoes to work, talking with broken vowels and slang. These are the people you want to represent your company?? Absolutely pathetic. Even after I leave, of course with notice, I won't even shop at TJ Maxx. I have zero respect and interest for TJ Maxx and your sister stores.

There are newer employer reviews for TJ Maxx

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!