TJX Companies

There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies

Its Great if you work in Finance or Merchandising

Current Employee - Manager in Framingham, MA
Current Employee - Manager in Framingham, MA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Decent Salary, Good Bonuses & Stock Options for Managers & above. Corporate Office has great cafeteria. Parking can be difficult. Fitness center small. Childcare on site. Overall a solid profitable company to work for with quality talented management.

Cons

Very Limited opportunities to advance if you are a Manager unless you work in Finance or Merchandising. If you work in Logistics forget about career advancement. Promotions non-existent for deserving Managers in this area. No Career progression path or development. Organizational reporting chart doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Develop and Promote your middle management. This is the key to future success of your company. Publishing Blue sheets with promotions only for senior executives damages morale within the organization. Employees appreciate recognition and promotions for their dedication & hard work, its not always about salary or bringing in someone from the outside.

561 Other Employee Reviews for TJX Companies (View Most Recent)

This is an OK job for just the experience.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Elizabeth, NJ

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (less than a year)

Pros

This was a great way for me to gain some experience in retail as I was 18 when I started and fresh out of high school. I gained some nice relations with the staff there. Everyone was friendly and around my age besides the managers.

Cons

My manager was beyond rude and a complete B**** ! I was cross trained to work the mens dept and always be on the register so everytime I would be called to a register my manager will always cause a prob with the other managers about me getting called to a register. I also hated the fact that I was only getting paid 7.25/hr and I was part time working full time hrs which beyond dumb.

Need to work on giving everyone a reasonable amount of hrs along with a better pay.

price and variety of merchandise

Current Employee - Retail Management in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Retail Management in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a very prosperous Company

Cons

Too many hours worked as I am in an exempt position. payroll a little tight

many benefits provided