TJX Companies
www.tjx.com Framingham, MA 5000+ Employees

Its Great if you work in Finance or Merchandising

Manager (Current Employee)
Framingham, MA

ProsDecent Salary, Good Bonuses & Stock Options for Managers & above. Corporate Office has great cafeteria. Parking can be difficult. Fitness center small. Childcare on site. Overall a solid profitable company to work for with quality talented management.

ConsVery Limited opportunities to advance if you are a Manager unless you work in Finance or Merchandising. If you work in Logistics forget about career advancement. Promotions non-existent for deserving Managers in this area. No Career progression path or development. Organizational reporting chart doesn't make a whole lot of sense either.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and Promote your middle management. This is the key to future success of your company. Publishing Blue sheets with promotions only for senior executives damages morale within the organization. Employees appreciate recognition and promotions for their dedication & hard work, its not always about salary or bringing in someone from the outside.

American IT Professionals Need Not Apply

Not Worth Mentioning, Does Not Fit Job Reality (Current Employee)
    Westborough, MA

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Many good people to work with, But, this is the place to be, ...If you want to have no feelings of accomplishment ...If you are single and like… Cons: Not a merit-based organization; little reward for true productivity IT Management infused with too many individuals more interested in their personal gain than solving problems and… Advice to Senior Management: It is only a matter of time before the business quantifies how little IT service they now get to the costs they incur. Instead… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

price and variety of merchandise

Retail Management (Current Employee)
    West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: This is a very prosperous Company Cons: Too many hours worked as I am in an exempt… Advice to Senior Management: many benefits provided Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on TJX Companies.

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TJX Companies CEO Carol M. Meyrowitz. All reviews posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees.