TJX Companies

www.tjx.com
  www.tjx.com
There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies

Depends what you're doing.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Stamford, CT

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Although it was physically demanding, the work was easy. Being a sales associate did not require a lot of thought, it was mostly organization.

Cons

The work was physically demanding. However I only worked there so that I could make some extra pocket money for the summer.

482 Other Employee Reviews for TJX Companies (View Most Recent)

Loved my department but felt bad for employees in same position in other departments

Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Merchandising Assistant in Framingham, MA

I worked at TJX Companies full-time

Pros

My experience was great with everyone I met. There are tons of young fun professionals so the workplace is fun and casual. I have built some great working relationships. The company is all about helping the community and offer some great outside volunteer opportunities.

Cons

Although, my experience was great some other departments treat assistants poorly. They did not respect them and treated them horribly. It is difficult to move up in the company unless you are in the buying program.

Have buyers learn respect and value of their assistants in some departments that are having trouble.

Great Store lacking structure

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is not going anywhere soon!! Fun place to work with the right group of people. First call and discount on store merchandise and the stores are AWESOME!!! Extra discount during specific weekends!!! Save even more money!! Meals and sodas on a frequent basis (at least the store where I worked). Great place to shop!!

Cons

Management needs more structure. No inventory control. $8.00 an hour for a job that demands a lot more work and responsibility than people think.

Limit amount of employees with upper management authority and let it be vocally known to everyone. Causes too many obstacles to get the job done. Pay more than the near minimum wage, as should most companies to allow for more economic growth.

There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies