TJX Companies

www.tjx.com
There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies

Depends what you're doing.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Stamford, CT

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Although it was physically demanding, the work was easy. Being a sales associate did not require a lot of thought, it was mostly organization.

Cons

The work was physically demanding. However I only worked there so that I could make some extra pocket money for the summer.

525 Other Employee Reviews for TJX Companies (View Most Recent)

Great Store lacking structure

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Saint Augustine, FL

I worked at TJX Companies part-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company is not going anywhere soon!! Fun place to work with the right group of people. First call and discount on store merchandise and the stores are AWESOME!!! Extra discount during specific weekends!!! Save even more money!! Meals and sodas on a frequent basis (at least the store where I worked). Great place to shop!!

Cons

Management needs more structure. No inventory control. $8.00 an hour for a job that demands a lot more work and responsibility than people think.

Limit amount of employees with upper management authority and let it be vocally known to everyone. Causes too many obstacles to get the job done. Pay more than the near minimum wage, as should most companies to allow for more economic growth.

Unlimited potential for growth within the company.

Current Employee - Field Support Role
    Current Employee - Field Support Role

I have been working at TJX Companies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company for 2 1/2 years, I've moved from a part time position within the store, up through supervisory and store management roles, and now in a field support position with responsibility for approximately 30 stores. There is unlimited potential for growth within the company, if you want it. You have to be willing to work hard, but if you do, like I did, I've gotten 5 promotions since I've been with the company and over $50,000 in raises.

Cons

Some store systems are outdated, but with a company of over 2000 stores, it can be very costly to upgrade just one system that's still functioning.

There are newer employer reviews for TJX Companies