There are newer employer reviews for TMI Hospitality

Great company to work for!

I worked at TMI Hospitality full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

They have good benefits, great values, earn vacation per pay period, and they really value their employees.

Cons

The only con that I had working here was the lack of promotional opportunities in my area. However if I wanted to move a couple hours away I would have had more. It just wasn't feasible for me and my small children.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

reviews filtered by

Low pay! Unqualified Regional Managers who harass staff

I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ESOP program but the company is in escrow and the ESOP will be terminated. Hotel level staff seem to really bond well together and depend on each other partly due to the way they are treated from regional staff.

Cons

Regional staff is harsh, micromanages all employees, expects a lot but give very little support and are unethical. They make rash judgments with little to justify. They will throw any staff under the bus to CYA. They lead with fear.

Advice to Management

VP's take a second look at the regional mangers you have as the face of TMI don't be blinded by smooth talkers. You will miss out on good, honest, loyal hardworking employees who are the real money makers. Cut the middle man, counterproductive!!!

Far From Impressed

Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant General Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at TMI Hospitality full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It's a job... Other than that, nothing positive stands out from any other hotel management company I've worked for in the past.

Cons

No 401k, benefits are bare minimum, compensation is far below other companies especially given the amount of responsibilities you are expected to fulfill.

Advice to Management

Pay your people more, or expect less out of them. People like myself, who happen to like the line of work I do, don't mind doing going above and beyond, but when it is expected that you spend every day of the week on-property and doing more than the General Manager (who is allowed to get by doing beyond the bare minimum-yet gets paid $15,000 more than me) you should at least compensate individuals in these roles with more than the "invaluable experience" we are gaining.

There are newer employer reviews for TMI Hospitality