Growth and Opportunity

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

TMW is a place where hard work and creative thinking are rewarded. It is a fast paced growing company that rewards dedicated hard working employees. They are also big believers in promoting from within. I have seen many colleagues advance over the years to new opportunities within the organization (including myself).

The non-forced turnover in this company seems like is next to nothing. A lot of people on staff have been here over a decade. We also continuously seem to have many new faces coming in, but it is strictly due to growth, not turnover.

Compensation is above average for the area and raises are generous for those that perform!

Cons

Fast paced growing technology companies are not for everyone. You must be hard working, creative and resourceful to advance at TMW. I have to chuckle at some of the negative reviews posted online about TMW. They seem to have a common theme of Pros being a generous Time Off policy and negatives about no raises or advancement. Hmmm...I guess they are right in a sense. It is true that TMW has a generous time off policy and does believe in a work hard/play hard mentality. However, If your primary noticeable pro is a generous time off policy where are your career priorities? TMW does not reward below average employees. So they are also right about no advancement or raises if you are not performing.

Advice to Management

Another challenge of being in a fast paced environment is communication. Information is given at a quarterly meeting, but it is not always enough. It is a real challenge to keep up with all of the new products being created by all the different business units as would be the case for any fast growing company. If I was in Sr Mgmt I would look at strategies to improve on this.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

TMW is a place for advancement if you have the desire

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

If you have the ability and desire, TMW is a place where you can grow into any role you can think of. It's not a guarantee, but the opportunity for promotion is there.

Cons

Parking is a problem at the main location. The hours can be long, but when you want to get ahead, hard work is usually needed.

Advice to Management

Management needs to keep working to make it feel like a big company with a main office in Beachwood, not a collection of independent companies. I think they are on track to do just that.

They continue striving to be the employer of choice by promoting and developing the talent within the organization.

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

The team and can do atmosphere!

Cons

Parking right now is at a premium. They are looking for more space.

Advice to Management

Continue on the growth path.