TMW Systems

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for TMW Systems

Growth and Opportunity

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

TMW is a place where hard work and creative thinking are rewarded. It is a fast paced growing company that rewards dedicated hard working employees. They are also big believers in promoting from within. I have seen many colleagues advance over the years to new opportunities within the organization (including myself).

The non-forced turnover in this company seems like is next to nothing. A lot of people on staff have been here over a decade. We also continuously seem to have many new faces coming in, but it is strictly due to growth, not turnover.

Compensation is above average for the area and raises are generous for those that perform!

Cons

Fast paced growing technology companies are not for everyone. You must be hard working, creative and resourceful to advance at TMW. I have to chuckle at some of the negative reviews posted online about TMW. They seem to have a common theme of Pros being a generous Time Off policy and negatives about no raises or advancement. Hmmm...I guess they are right in a sense. It is true that TMW has a generous time off policy and does believe in a work hard/play hard mentality. However, If your primary noticeable pro is a generous time off policy where are your career priorities? TMW does not reward below average employees. So they are also right about no advancement or raises if you are not performing.

Another challenge of being in a fast paced environment is communication. Information is given at a quarterly meeting, but it is not always enough. It is a real challenge to keep up with all of the new products being created by all the different business units as would be the case for any fast growing company. If I was in Sr Mgmt I would look at strategies to improve on this.

35 Other Employee Reviews for TMW Systems (View Most Recent)

They continue striving to be the employer of choice by promoting and developing the talent within the organization.

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

The team and can do atmosphere!

Cons

Parking right now is at a premium. They are looking for more space.

Continue on the growth path.

If you work hard, you will thrive. What's with the whining?

I have been working at TMW Systems

Pros

Challenging work
    You feel you are part of something big
    Pay is competitive
    Career advancement - if you EARN it

Cons

Inter-department communication needs work
    Parking at Beachwood is terrible

My first advice to TMW leadership is to take the other reviews here with a grain of salt. It appears to be one or two disgruntled people writing multiple reviews. Some are hilarious:

1) One lists a benefit of working here as "work content isn't too much"... Are you KIDDING? This is work! Find another job if that's your attitude.
    2) What are "leadership trips"? I'm close enough to the picture to know that is BS.
    3) Every quarterly meeting, TMW goes through a laundry list of people who have worked here 5,10, 15 and 20 years (sometimes even more). So the "nobody lasts there very long" comment is more hogwash.

I do agree that TMW needs to not lose sight of the importance of their best asset - their employees who have led their growth - as they acquire companies. We got them there, we will get them further in the future - bring back annual company surveys so you can see where we stand and keep a finger on the pulse.

There are newer employer reviews for TMW Systems