There are newer employer reviews for TMX Finance

Corporate Office is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Corporate Hours (8 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday) good for Work-Life Balance - Company is expanding rapidly, so plenty of opportunity for upward movement - Relatively new company, so you are free to improve processes if there is a better way of doing things - Focuses on keeping associates happy (Welcome Breakfasts, Birthday Celebrations, Great Break Room)

Cons

- Rapid growth can make for a bit of disorganization

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Other Employee Reviews for TMX Finance

1. The opportunity for growth and my team are first-class! It makes going to work enjoyable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*With the rapid expansion of the company, this leaves many opportunities for me to grow in my personal career development at the corporate office. *We have a great culture where we have bake sales, kickball tournaments, and fun christmas parties. Not to mention we get St. Patricks Day off work. *You must be comfortable with change. As a newer company that is seeing tremendous growth, one day can change drastically from the next. It's very exciting for me, but some people may not appreciate it.

Cons

*Our Senior Leadership should take on a more proactive and personal training experience for their employees. Even though you are very busy, take the time to make sure your new employees are comfortable and are being trained correctly.

Good company but poor Regional Management

Former Employee - General Manager in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at TMX Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good. Stable company with room to grow.

Cons

Inconsistencies among DM/RM management(i.e., District and Regional Management). TMX is a good company depending on the Regional Manager over your area. I have worked for a number of them so I can honestly say your future depends on who your RM is. My most recent DM/RM was a combo team and was simply awful. The RM did not care at all about his people and left this particular DM to run rapid with dishonest tactics, threatening messages left on your personal cell phone, inappropriate relationships with staff and the list goes on. The RM was very unapproachable about compliants and simply did not care about his people. He was also connected with corporate and would retaliate against anyone that would call corp for relief. Which left the field stuck with no outlet to get serious management issues solved.

Advice to Management

Set up the 1-800 hotline so there's an impartial party who could investigate compliants, instead of sending the compliants back to the Regional Manager. The problem can't be solve by routing compliants back to the individual who in most cases is the source of the problem.