There are newer employer reviews for TMX Finance

The opportunity for growth and my team are first-class! It makes going to work enjoyable.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*With the rapid expansion of the company, this leaves many opportunities for me to grow in my personal career development at the corporate office.
*We have a great culture where we have bake sales, kickball tournaments, and fun christmas parties. Not to mention we get St. Patricks Day off work.
*You must be comfortable with change. As a newer company that is seeing tremendous growth, one day can change drastically from the next. It's very exciting for me, but some people may not appreciate it.

Cons

*Our Senior Leadership should take on a more proactive and personal training experience for their employees. Even though you are very busy, take the time to make sure your new employees are comfortable and are being trained correctly.

reviews filtered by

Corporate Office is a Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Corporate Hours (8 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday) good for Work-Life Balance
    - Company is expanding rapidly, so plenty of opportunity for upward movement
    - Relatively new company, so you are free to improve processes if there is a better way of doing things
    - Focuses on keeping associates happy (Welcome Breakfasts, Birthday Celebrations, Great Break Room)

Cons

- Rapid growth can make for a bit of disorganization

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

The worst job I've ever had.

Current Employee - District Manager in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - District Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Slightly better then being unemployed-as long as it remains legal in your state or city. It's currently illegal in 31 states, numerous cities, and has growing legal concerns across the country. Many states and cities, where it's not already illegal, are trying to pass legislation making it illegal.

Cons

Run don't walk away from this opportunity. Don't believe the promises of great income and promotions. Your supervisors today will likely not be your supervisors in the future and their promises are only true for 5-10% of the people receiving them. I had to repo a cancer patient car because she could work enough, do to chemo, to make her payments. Now she takes the bus to chemo and work. You can't wash this stuff off when you get home from a hard day's work.

Advice to Management

Join the Center for Responsible Lending and admit lending poor people money at 200% APR is not ethical or helping them. Stop trying to teach your employees they are helping their communities and don't make promises you know you won't be keeping.