There are newer employer reviews for TMX Finance

This is not a company I would send my enemy to work in! Do NOT come to this company!

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMX Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salaries are good and so are benefits

Cons

Run...don't walk away from this company! I am unsure if I can truly articulate what a horrible working environment this was. Three years ago the employee turnover rate was 67% and in 2013 the rate dropped to 46%. With turnover rates this high, this company will not survive long. Upper management rules by fear and intimidation, blames the field for the failure of any products, sets unrealistic sales goals and does not care about anything except hitting goals and makes that very clear. In January, a product was rolled out that increased some of our customer's payments by 200-300%! No notice was given to the prior customers and employees were told to tell these customers that they either pay it or have another company buy us out! Managers are expected to work as long as it takes to get the job done including working until 9pm and some were forced to work until midnight. Work life balance does not exist and employees are leaving in droves. In one district, 5 employees quit with no notice in less than 2 weeks due to the working environment. Managers who raised issues to the HR department were told that their concerns were taken to upper management and there was no more they could do. I could go on and on with specific examples but hopefully the information I have shared along with others, will give you enough information to make an informed decision.

Learn how to operate with integrity would be my first suggestion. Include your employees in decisions or obtain their feedback. Engage the workforce in making the company better. Many great ideas come from the employees in the field.

120 Other Employee Reviews for TMX Finance (View Most Recent)

Good as long as you get a great location

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at TMX Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Percentage of store profits, flexible hours, direct deposit

Cons

If your office is in a bad location you'll lose money. Too much driving

Quit having employees drive everywhere

Good company but poor Regional Management

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Columbia, SC

I worked at TMX Finance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay is good. Stable company with room to grow.

Cons

Inconsistencies among DM/RM management(i.e., District and Regional Management). TMX is a good company depending on the Regional Manager over your area. I have worked for a number of them so I can honestly say your future depends on who your RM is. My most recent DM/RM was a combo team and was simply awful. The RM did not care at all about his people and left this particular DM to run rapid with dishonest tactics, threatening messages left on your personal cell phone, inappropriate relationships with staff and the list goes on. The RM was very unapproachable about compliants and simply did not care about his people. He was also connected with corporate and would retaliate against anyone that would call corp for relief. Which left the field stuck with no outlet to get serious management issues solved.

Set up the 1-800 hotline so there's an impartial party who could investigate compliants, instead of sending the compliants back to the Regional Manager. The problem can't be solve by routing compliants back to the individual who in most cases is the source of the problem.

There are newer employer reviews for TMX Finance

Worked for TMX Finance? Contribute to the Community!