The most unprofessional upper level management ever.

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Chesapeake, VA
Former Employee - Store Manager in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at TMX Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Zero - unless you love working in fear.

Cons

You will work many unpaid off the clock hours.

Lead by example not by bullying.

Other Reviews for TMX Finance

This is not a company I would send my enemy to work in! Do NOT come to this company!

Former Employee - District Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at TMX Finance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salaries are good and so are benefits

Cons

Run...don't walk away from this company! I am unsure if I can truly articulate what a horrible working environment this was. Three years ago the employee turnover rate was 67% and in 2013 the rate dropped to 46%. With turnover rates this high, this company will not survive long. Upper management rules by fear and intimidation, blames the field for the failure of any products, sets unrealistic sales goals and does not care about anything except hitting goals and makes that very clear. In January, a product was rolled out that increased some of our customer's payments by 200-300%! No notice was given to the prior customers and employees were told to tell these customers that they either pay it or have another company buy us out! Managers are expected to work as long as it takes to get the job done including working until 9pm and some were forced to work until midnight. Work life balance does not exist and employees are leaving in droves. In one district, 5 employees quit with no notice in less than 2 weeks due to the working environment. Managers who raised issues to the HR department were told that their concerns were taken to upper management and there was no more they could do. I could go on and on with specific examples but hopefully the information I have shared along with others, will give you enough information to make an informed decision.

Learn how to operate with integrity would be my first suggestion. Include your employees in decisions or obtain their feedback. Engage the workforce in making the company better. Many great ideas come from the employees in the field.

GM

I have been working at TMX Finance

Pros

Learn a new industry. Help people in need of financial assistance.

Cons

You work alone in smaller offices, marketing on foot when it's HOT or COLD, Store Managers are hired by the DM but the GM has NO say in the process - yet GM will be managing the Store Manager. RMs and DMs want to get promoted ASAP and they forget to coach and develop their current GMs. Money is important but employee satisfaction is also. When the heat goes down, good luck - get 3 bids, find the cheapest and freeze for a month until everything can be settled. Rather than having corporate handle store maintenance, GMs and SMs do the sourcing for vendors (which is costly) and then this comes out directly out of your bottom line - which means a smaller bonus. Everything you do that is related to money, comes out of your bottom line. Then there are corporate fees which just minimize the final bonus more. Work, work, work and you have been sold the dream of running a million dollar plus store which in theory is profitable but not always realistic. Who can live off of this salary and possible bonus? Not when you work upwards of 55 hours a week (at times 65)??

Look at the fees charged back to the stores and see what can be cut out or cut down. Don't sell your GMs short. They work hard, want to do well but generally are not paid accordingly. It's not common to run million dollar stores so the pay does not match the work. Also, promote and recognize employees for their hard work rather than who they are friends with or who they know - this only turns people against each other. Promote on merit and achievement.

There are newer employer reviews for TMX Finance.

Worked for TMX Finance? Contribute to the Community!