Good people, poor executive management

I worked at TNS North America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very bright, collaborative people and good solutions. Talented individuals, skilled in research and client service. Broad base of excellent clients.

Cons

The company has become overly bureaucratic, especially since acquisition by WPP/Kantar. Business strategy is inconsistent, changing organizational structure too frequently, often without clear reason.

Be more transparent to rank and file.

Other Reviews for TNS North America

It's ok but not great

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in Owings Mills, MD

I have been working at TNS North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture, people are nice, pay s fair

Cons

Stability. Seem to consistently struggle

Motivate your employees to succeed

Former TNS Director

I worked at TNS North America full-time

Pros

People are smart, very supportive of one another. Seems to fit with schedules of working moms. They truly were quite lovely. I feel bad because I found the work environment to be so lacking.

Cons

OMG. I've never quite seen anything like it. Plan to on-board yourself. Plan to be your own HR department. I was, frankly, shocked at the lack of resources employees have here. I assume in Kantar's effort to turn TNS Qual into a profit center, they have stripped it to the bare bones. There is NO SUPPORT. Employees are painfully not a priority. Basically, plan to allocate hours to process work, company policies & procedures, corporate emails and corporate training events.... the list goes on and on... Being an employee is a part time job itself. Filling out your daily time sheets (everyone is required to do them) is also its own part time job -- not to mention mastering the system you will be required to know in order to do so.... and then there is the SELF training you will need for such systems.... Be prepared to enter the land of templates and processes.....Kantar's strategy is clearly to drive costs down -- and you will get to help pay --with your own time -- for all of their cuts.

I'm sure its basically a numbers game. Either TNS Qual is in the black or red. I assume that's why the uber focus on time sheets -- and what is and is not overhead . For what its worth, I don't think the business model is an effective one in the current marketplace. TNS is currently over processing everything in an effort to reduce costs. TNS is already over templated -- I was completely swimming in powerpoint decks -- templates of every flavor, form & function.... There were so many templates, in fact, that I began to wonder..... where is the ability to think encouraged?????? Clients will be turned off by the systemized, robotic attention they get -- particularly if the talent pool is inexperienced -- and there is no real thinking involved on TNS' part.

There are newer employer reviews for TNS North America.

Worked for TNS North America? Contribute to the Community!