There are newer employer reviews for TOG Hotel Properties

The Worst Place I Have Ever Worked!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at TOG Hotel Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I do not have anything nice to say about the property that I worked for.

Cons

Upper Management is not allowed to do their jon, due to obsessive micro-management. The sales techniques for this property are complely outdated and uncalled for. Spent hours and hours in useless meetings when we could be doing work. The owner micromanages all hotel members untill they loose their mind and quit. Upper Managment will run your clients away. The property that I worked at was not in good shape, as they could put more money into the hotel. You will learn nothing, except how to suck up to managemnt. If you do sell anything, others will take credit for your work. If you see this property listed, do not bother applying. It is a waste of time and will suck the life out of you. From day one, I was warned to find another job asap. It did not take me long to figure out how horrible the property that I worked at really was. The first week I was there, I literally had no job to do. I was hired as a corproate sales manager and my segment was changed three times within the short period I was there. The entire property is a revolving door.

Advice to Management

Do what is right.

Other Employee Reviews for TOG Hotel Properties

1. Good To Learn, Good To Train!

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TOG Hotel Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of Training! Lots of opportunity.

Cons

Lots of Training! Can only get so much done.

Advice to Management

Less talk and more action

Eccentric Owner

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at TOG Hotel Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love working for IHG because I Love the loyalty program, but they don't follow IHG standards. This company pays well but you're basically selling your soul to the devil for money.

Cons

Terry Tognazzini is an eccentric, micro managing loon! Do your self a favor and keep looking. Terry does not care about customer service, he just wants everyone to do things his way which by the way never makes sense. When a manager is talking to an upset guest, Terry will pull him away just so he can talk to him for hours about nonsense and upsetting the guest even more! The front desk is stuck with this distraught guest!

Advice to Management

RUN! Management is a joke at this place! Management are nothing more than Terry's patsies. Your career is short lived because no matter how well you do, Terry will say you failed him and fire you.