TOLMAR

There are newer employer reviews for TOLMAR

Packaging Engineer

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They are always looking for a packaging engineer for like the last 4 years

Cons

They won't hire me because they say I don't have enough Medical experience

Why doesn't anyone stay there? Why are you always looking for a Packaging Engineer but don't hire anyone, its very annoying, you should get over yourselves. Every company I have worked for thought they were special and needed special people...its never the case.

15 Other Employee Reviews for TOLMAR (View Most Recent)

Solid Job and Employer

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company offers outstanding benefits to employees, including many perks that other large employers have done away with over the years to save a few bucks, like company-wide holiday parties, summer picnics, health coverage on all dependents, fun wellness programs, four weeks of paid time off within the first year, and a significant employer-match on a 401(K) which adds up nicely. The pay is solid as are the opportunities for advancement. I personally have been promoted twice in my four years with the company.

Cons

Very fast-paced work environment with a low tolerance for errors. You've got to be a keen multi-tasker and enjoy a certain amount of chaos in order to thrive. Training programs for new employees could be better, as could communication amongst departments.

Be more visible and spend more time interacting with employees at all levels of the organization; get more progressive on work-life balance options like flex scheduling and telecommuting; implement more employee recognition programs; articulate core company values and then reinforce them as often as possible.

This company scares me.

I worked at TOLMAR

Pros

Coworkers are great. Very nice people (for the most part). The benefits they offer are excellent. Steady hours, with abundant opportunity for overtime.

Cons

Management. Issues are either completely ignored until an auditor notices it (in which case, management claims they were never made aware of the issue) or they are completely swept under the rug. It's a very "best interest of the company" mindset, and not enough thought is put into the best interest of the customer.
    If management doesn't like you, they will wait for any excuse to get rid of you, even if the only mistake you have committed is regular practice for other employees. On the other hand, if they DO like you, they may as well hand you a tenure certificate, even if you are terrible at the job.

Stop pushing out the people that are trying to improve the company. Listen to your employees, and then act on what they are telling you. The only benefit of ignoring them is that they will soon realize that you will do nothing, and they will stop coming to you.

There are newer employer reviews for TOLMAR