There are newer employer reviews for TOLMAR

Packaging Engineer

Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Packaging Engineer in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are always looking for a packaging engineer for like the last 4 years

Cons

They won't hire me because they say I don't have enough Medical experience

Why doesn't anyone stay there? Why are you always looking for a Packaging Engineer but don't hire anyone, its very annoying, you should get over yourselves. Every company I have worked for thought they were special and needed special people...its never the case.

9 Other Employee Reviews for TOLMAR (View Most Recent)

Good team, poor leadership

Current Employee - Chemist in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Chemist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to get experience, company seems to have a good future.

Cons

Poor oganization leadership. Too many ra ra speaches by CEO, and no spread of profits to employees.

Profit sharing would boost the moral and effort of employees. Listen to your staff and utilize the suggestions of the people that are in the trenches. We can only hear "we are investing all our profits in R&D" for so long.

Fast paced environment

Current Employee - QC Analyst II in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - QC Analyst II in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at TOLMAR full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits provided are pretty good, and the health insurance is very good. The company is growing exponentially and offers a lot of job security. It is located in a wonderful area of Northern Colorado

Cons

Even though it is fast-paced it is disorganized. Sample turn around in the lab is days instead of weeks. There is no advanced planning to make sure everything is available to produce a product or switch to a different product. Everything is needed right now and it makes for a stressful situation. No one is able to pre-plan their work day because the schedule changes at least daily.

The company is growing so fast that it can't keep up. All focus is on new product development and only realizing too late there is not enough manufacturing, warehouse, office, or laboratory space. All profits go back into the company in the form of research and development. Tolmar doesn't invest in its employees either in leadership or in compensation. As a result there is a ridiculous turn-over rate.

If you make sure your employees are happy and appreciated they will be more productive, even through the hard times. As it stands it feels like the company only cares about the next big drug and not investing in their employees. Finding the right people for the job, better organization and training, more organization in manufacturing, and so much more people in all departments would stay. The consideration to do profit sharing of some sort or annual bonuses would help. And that type of compensation isn't just about the money. It gives employees a sense of ownership in their jobs and company.

There are newer employer reviews for TOLMAR