TOMS

There are newer employer reviews for TOMS

Awesome culture

Current Employee - Online Intern
Current Employee - Online Intern

I have been working at TOMS as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

really cool people, founder is awesome, great brand. The company puts on great weekly happy hours, you can wear whatever you want, there are a lot of young people!

Cons

entry level rolls dont pay the best

57 Other Employee Reviews for TOMS (View Most Recent)

Collaborative, helpful and creative environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TOMS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people. All of my coworkers champion me to learn, grow, and explore my career opportunities within TOMS. I've gained so much knowledge of the business and across the spectrum of all departments in just one year of working here. The leadership is in touch with its subsidiaries and with process is still developing in most areas, everyone is open to new ideas and innovation.

Cons

At times, it can be difficult to juggle so many responsibilities out of the scope of one's job requirements- but in the end, it creates new outlets for collaborative relationships and sustains personal growth.

Consider more generous terms for PTO

Lack of leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at TOMS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All the postive reasons to work for TOMS no longer exist. Do yourself a favor and go to work for a company that cares, not one that pretends to. Happy hours, company retreat, discounts are not a reason to tolerate being treated badly. A small amount of people do the work and the rest take the credit.

Cons

I have never been around so many talented, inspiring people who are held back and disrepected. Success is measured by not only the amount of money a company makes, but the type of culture it maintains and reputation it creates. Unless you are a golden one you hate going to work, you are undermined constantly and as a result are disconnected from the brand and that is truly sad. TOMS had so much potential to be a great brand, but kinda blew it. Not only losing great employees who built the brand, but lots of customers along the way. It should take five or six emails to get a response to return a pair of shoes. Customers shouldn't have to tweet or post on our FB page to get our attention. Customer service does not exist at TOMS. It's a department that lacks leadership and follow through.

If you want to be respected, respect those around you. Everyone with any integrity is looking.

There are newer employer reviews for TOMS