TPG

www.tpg.com
There are newer employer reviews for TPG

Many perks - free lunch, big year end bonus - but prepare to put in your time here

I have been working at TPG

Pros

Nice sized bonuses at year end; free lunch, snacks, drinks; nice Holiday party; good peer group; fast-paced environment; great office - current decor; dual monitors, downtown Fort Worth

Cons

Mgmt does not make quick decisions; throw you under the bus atmosphere at higher levels; 55 hour work weeks not out of the norm; no flex-time; no one leaves before 6pm

23 Other Employee Reviews for TPG (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

I worked at TPG

Pros

Compensation is decent but not best in PE

Cons

Hierarchy is really rigid. Hard to get anything done unless in senior role

More upwards mobility

Don't be too ambitious

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TPG full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, decent people, reasonable time-off policies. IT and office facilities teams are very easy to work with, which is important for admins since we're always shifting rooms, ordering catering, and assisting the higher ups and their guests in setting up equipment. This company also knows how to throw a party.

Cons

No opportunity for growth from an admin role. If you start at this company as an admin, you will always be an admin. They are very old school in regards to "secretaries", not incorporating technology, and any change in general. Also be prepared for everyone in your life to have to file compliance paperwork since you may come across big deals daily.

Though the pay and benefits are great working at TPG, the admins are often unmotivated because there isn't room for growth, and the feedback on our work is limited even during reviews. It would be great to have clarity on who I report to (my professionals? HR? senior admins?); and if I can't be motivated by upward mobility, I'd love to know other ways I can be challenged.

There are newer employer reviews for TPG