There are newer employer reviews for TRAX International

Very Good. I was ambitious, and I climbed right to the top.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Yuma, AZ
Former Employee - Technical Writer in Yuma, AZ

I worked at TRAX International

Pros

Excellent people, important mission - opportunities abound.

Cons

Government work - enough said.

Advice to Management

Peer review sessions for conflict management would go a long way towards bettering Supervisors' relationships with subordinates.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The job duties themselves are somewhat fun, then you find out there is no career path.....nooooo!

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Yuma Proving Ground, AZ
    Current Employee - Test Engineer in Yuma Proving Ground, AZ

I have been working at TRAX International

Pros

-For the most part, you're not micro-managed, until you do something "wrong"........
    -Cool equipment to test
    -Most of the engineers are young and it's fun to link up with friends off-duty

Cons

-Absolutely no career path (you're literally told that if you do well during the first 3 years, nobody will care). I literally couldn't believe they told us that.
    -No mentorship program, even for new employees, whether experienced or recent college grads
    -Sink or swim mentality
    -Very little training available and the management doesn't seem to notice, or if they do, they don't care (more accurately, it "costs too much and we don't have the money for that").
    -You want new glasses? Pay for them yourself, b/c it's not part of "the deal".
    -Management has questionnable leadership skills at best
    -Absolutely no performance appraisal system. You're flappin' in the wind your whole "career" here.
    -Cranky HR department.

Advice to Management

-Grow a pair. Start supporting your engineers more. Provide training/professional development that we all know is needed. It's actually a cool company, but there are so many processes (training!) that could be improved. A leadership development program would be beneficial. A process improvement expert would be beneficial. Even with all of the things I don't like, I still like the company, but without a career path, what do you expect professional engineers to do?

2. Stagnant! This company is in essence a placement firm to the Government.

Former Employee - Engineer VI Step A (Test Engineer) in Yuma, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineer VI Step A (Test Engineer) in Yuma, AZ

I worked at TRAX International

Pros

Good for a temporary hold over while a quality position comes available elsewhere.

Cons

Absolutely no advancement. There is a big disconnect between the employee and the company due to the fact that most employees are assigned to support the government organizations. As long as the government customer is happy, all is well. However, there's no feedback to the company line supervisor on one's performance. There's no process of review.

Advice to Management

Establish a formal process to review employee performance. Get engaged in workforce happenings. Provide a means to motivate employees and to recognize outstanding performance.