There are newer employer reviews for TRC Companies

Fantastic, talented workers. Poor management, conflicting objectives, and leaders lack integrity, intelligence.

I have been working at TRC Companies full-time

Pros

The talented people that actually do the work! TRC has intelligent, innovative technical professionals. extremely skilled and solving problems and crafting solutions for clients.

Cons

Utilization is top priority and focus. Integrity, quality, safety, service all take back seats to the almighty U. Internal BS makes it extremely difficult to perform job for the client. Regional and office P&Ls make collaboration difficult if not impossible. Bonus' are based on solely on value to the office manager, unit leader, not value to the company. TRC is run like lots of separate tribes with lack of common purpose or vision. Believe CEO is trying to change this, but metrics don't motivate changing behavior.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Practice what you proclaim. Be honest with yourselves and employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. One fish in a heterogeneous pond

Former Employee - Applications Developer
    Former Employee - Applications Developer

I worked at TRC Companies

Pros

Multiple business units, and each one was free to do its own thing. Performance, work - life balance, reviews, opporunities for advancement, most things of that sort were driven primarily by your unit and the unit in which I wored was relatively good in my opinion.

Cons

Multiple business units, and each one was free to do its own thing. While that gives you a certain "small company" culture, it also essentially amounts to a tax on business unit revenues and profits taken by the mother ship, with no clear corresponding benefit.

Advice to Management

Senior management has changed since I worked for the company so I am not in a legitimate position to offer advice.

Cheap

I have been working at TRC Companies

Pros

People are friendly and fairly easy to work with

Cons

The company doesn't not spend money on its benefits
    Lot of free work done at my office
    Underbids jobs, then when project is won, not enough hours to adequate finish the job
    Few holidays
    Office furniture looks like it was bought from a garage sale

Advice to Management

Value your employees opinions, spend some money on the employess to feel like they are respected and valued

There are newer employer reviews for TRC Companies