There are newer employer reviews for TRUSTe

Friendly, open environment. Sink or Swim

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TRUSTe

Pros

The base salary is one of he highest I have experienced and the commission structure is pretty great as well. It is a small company so you are able to maintain relationships with the higher ups who are all extremely supportive. All the other reps there are willing to help you at all times. You are not micromanaged at all. They have a bimonthly costco order for everyone in the office which is great.You get paid out cash incentives on every sale you make. Clean environment, very respectful people and you are treated like an adult which is more than one can say about other sales rep positions. Opportunity for growth!

Cons

No training whatsoever. If you aren't the type of person that likes to ask questions, buy people or take the time to studying things on your own this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Hire people just to do training or have product managers do mandatory training for newbies.

reviews filtered by

A young, inexperienced company with a distinct division between management and employees

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at TRUSTe

Pros

TRUSTe has a great name behind them, a real leader in the privacy space. The atmosphere is young (mostly 1-3 years of work experience) and they don't make you work late hours. Working from home is quite flexible.

Cons

Salespeople are pushed extremely hard to hit a very unreasonable number, to the point that if even one deal is lost, the salesperson is practically in tears, with management pointing all the fingers at the salesperson, but didn't want to step into the deal in the early stages.

The atmosphere at the end of the quarter feels like a telemarketing warehouse; very negative atmosphere.

They also push us to sell products that haven't been developed yet with management reasoning being "if they want it, we'll build it." There is no communication between management/senior employees and junior employees; it's hard to tell what is really going on internally.

Advice to Management

Treat us individually with respect. We're a small company - take the time to sit down with each of us and discuss career goals, not send out surveys.

Lack of direction but great people

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at TRUSTe full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are great, top level management is moving in the right direction and know how to take care of employees

Cons

Company in general lacks focus. Mid to high level management is sub-par in some departments.

Advice to Management

Cut your hanger's-on in management - find people who can drive the company forward, not drag it back. No matter how senior they are, they are part of the problem, not the solution.

There are newer employer reviews for TRUSTe