Basically Satisfied

Former Employee - Principal Product Engineer in Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Principal Product Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

Leader in the Braking and OSS technology.

Cons

Middle management basically sucks. Very limited internal recognition and growth. They will try to hire you back after you are dissatisfied and has left the company.

reviews filtered by

hostile

Current Employee - Misc Assembler in Winona, MN
    Current Employee - Misc Assembler in Winona, MN

I have been working at TRW Automotive

Pros

We do have some very friendly, upstanding people in management.

Cons

Low wages ($12.01 for misc. assembly), short breaks ( 5 min, unpaid 20 min, and 5 min), $3,600 yearly insurance deductible, minimal vacation days (none the first year), no workplace communication, interaction training

Advice to Management

If CEO John Plant earns $78 million, then I am a slave. I earn approx $25,000 per year and he earns approx 3000 times as much. Inadequate compensation (wages, breaks, and benefits) and high quotas have created a hostile work experience. Someday these wage disparities will be a crime and I will enjoy watching the guilty be held accountable.

A good opportunity to learn a lot but sadly management was increasingly becoming out-of-touch.

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Livonia, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

Good opportunities to learn new IT skills. Good people to work with. Relatively flexible with time off. On-call duties weren't too rough (not a lot of out-of-hours pages to handle). 401k match. Benefits aren't (weren't) too bad.

Cons

Pay was substantially less than what the market was paying for someone with my skills and experience. Raises and bonuses were generally offensively low. HR department is effectively in charge of IT. No respect for ability from manager.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to solve all your "problems" in secret. Trust your staff to do what you hired them to do and stop micromanaging them and questioning their every decision. Not every decision needs to be discussed in excruciating detail in front of a committee of people.