TRW Automotive

TRW - Out-sourceing American jobs as fast as they can

Former Employee - Former Senior Engineering Technician in Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Former Senior Engineering Technician in Livonia, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

If you want to gain experience across many platforms, TRW is a great place to learn

Cons

No loyalty to long time employees. Changed severance policy in July 2008 2 days before layoffs to screw employee out of 13 weeks of salary. Cut older workers over 40 with higher pay and accrued vacation time. Outsources as many jobs as possible for accounting purposes to bolster earnings. They do not care about the employee

Just be honest and move the headquarters to Europe now instead of lying to Livonia employees. Also, outsource the senior managment and board of director positions, think of the millions that could be saved.

155 Other Employee Reviews for TRW Automotive (View Most Recent)

TRW Employment...I would avoid them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, NY

I have been working at TRW Automotive

Pros

They are a fast-paced work environment that you can learn alot about electronics manufacturing. I learned alot about systematic problem solving procedures.

Cons

I feel that you cannot trust the management team especially at the site I worked at. Not only do they lie to their employees, they lie to their customers. In recent salary layoffs, in a bordeline illegal fashion, they laid off more capable employees out concern that by laying off employees with more seniority would consume more of their restructuring money. During meetings, they clearly said that they wanted to void any litigation and to get rid of the junior employees. Because they continue to keep poor performers around, TRW Auburn's performance suffers. It is more based on not WHAT you know but WHO you know.

Do the right thing and get rid of the dead weight...not the people that are actually giving you good results. Don't lie to employees.

TRW - typical large automotive supplier

Former Employee - Process Engineer
    Former Employee - Process Engineer

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

Difficult to say given the state of the automotive sector.

Cons

The Automotive sector is not doing well.

Sacrifice some of your salaries / bonuses in order to regain the confidence from your employees and stock holders.

There are newer employer reviews for TRW Automotive