TRW Automotive

www.trw.com
  www.trw.com
There are newer employer reviews for TRW Automotive

He makes more than most CEO's while the company is laying off employees left and right.

Former Employee - Safety Systems Intern in Washington Township, MI
Former Employee - Safety Systems Intern in Washington Township, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

Good management. People are friendly and the work atmosphere is casual. This allows you to get work done and still enjoy your co-workers in a relaxed but professional environment. TRW also allows for room to progress in your career. Further, management works closely with workers to discuss future goals for career growth.

Cons

TRW is at the mercy of the automakers, therefore, TRW does bad when GM, Ford, Chrysler, namely, are not doing well. The automotive field in general is not very stable.

Senior management does a good job in my opinion, however, some more transparency in the direction of the company would be appreciated.

161 Other Employee Reviews for TRW Automotive (View Most Recent)

TRW - Out-sourceing American jobs as fast as they can

Former Employee - Former Senior Engineering Technician in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Former Senior Engineering Technician in Livonia, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

If you want to gain experience across many platforms, TRW is a great place to learn

Cons

No loyalty to long time employees. Changed severance policy in July 2008 2 days before layoffs to screw employee out of 13 weeks of salary. Cut older workers over 40 with higher pay and accrued vacation time. Outsources as many jobs as possible for accounting purposes to bolster earnings. They do not care about the employee

Just be honest and move the headquarters to Europe now instead of lying to Livonia employees. Also, outsource the senior managment and board of director positions, think of the millions that could be saved.

TRW Employment...I would avoid them

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, NY

I have been working at TRW Automotive

Pros

They are a fast-paced work environment that you can learn alot about electronics manufacturing. I learned alot about systematic problem solving procedures.

Cons

I feel that you cannot trust the management team especially at the site I worked at. Not only do they lie to their employees, they lie to their customers. In recent salary layoffs, in a bordeline illegal fashion, they laid off more capable employees out concern that by laying off employees with more seniority would consume more of their restructuring money. During meetings, they clearly said that they wanted to void any litigation and to get rid of the junior employees. Because they continue to keep poor performers around, TRW Auburn's performance suffers. It is more based on not WHAT you know but WHO you know.

Do the right thing and get rid of the dead weight...not the people that are actually giving you good results. Don't lie to employees.

There are newer employer reviews for TRW Automotive