TRW Automotive

www.trw.com
  www.trw.com
There are newer employer reviews for TRW Automotive

Good company, good people and bad pay

Former Employee - Development Engineer in Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Development Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities at T.R.W. H.Q.
People who are not good with others are either filtered out or left out of meetings by management
My supervisor was excellent
Employer flexibility with school

Cons

Low pay and declining health/401k benefits drove me to leave because my performance and responsibilities were severely out weighed compared to the market. TRW typically does not promote interns or entry level candidates to the standard market payed positions.

Higher personnel performance might be achieved if long term entry level candidates or high performance interns are taking better positions and the average performance employees are eliminated. A semi-competitive environment may help motivate the other average employees have high performance.

There are too many managers and directors who don't want to progress past their position. I respect their experience, but stagnation and or under performance seems to be common place.

161 Other Employee Reviews for TRW Automotive (View Most Recent)

left over staff deserves to work for a year at 32 hours if they have worked a year at over 48. Stop the cutting back.

Current Employee - Process Engineer
    Current Employee - Process Engineer

I have been working at TRW Automotive

Pros

Flexibility, Location, learning opportunity, and people

Cons

Pay is lower than other peers in area at other companies and Automotive is currently unstable

Take care of the poople taking care of you. If a plant is making money encourage it to make more but do not do that by cutting back. I understand 1 or 2 year wage freezing given the concern but with years of raises less than the cost of living it gets tough to give up more. Give real raises and bonuses based on realistic performance expectations and dont just give everyone (0 to 2)% those that give up homelife and work hard should get rewarded not the same as those that put in the minimum. The upper management needs to lead this through incentives because local management is doing its best to cut costs but may not be getting as much out of current workers as they could with properly structured incentives.

He makes more than most CEO's while the company is laying off employees left and right.

Former Employee - Safety Systems Intern in Washington Township, MI
    Former Employee - Safety Systems Intern in Washington Township, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

Good management. People are friendly and the work atmosphere is casual. This allows you to get work done and still enjoy your co-workers in a relaxed but professional environment. TRW also allows for room to progress in your career. Further, management works closely with workers to discuss future goals for career growth.

Cons

TRW is at the mercy of the automakers, therefore, TRW does bad when GM, Ford, Chrysler, namely, are not doing well. The automotive field in general is not very stable.

Senior management does a good job in my opinion, however, some more transparency in the direction of the company would be appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for TRW Automotive