TRW Automotive

www.trwauto.com

Good company, good people and bad pay

Development Engineer (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsLots of learning opportunities at T.R.W. H.Q.
People who are not good with others are either filtered out or left out of meetings by management
My supervisor was excellent
Employer flexibility with school

ConsLow pay and declining health/401k benefits drove me to leave because my performance and responsibilities were severely out weighed compared to the market. TRW typically does not promote interns or entry level candidates to the standard market payed positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher personnel performance might be achieved if long term entry level candidates or high performance interns are taking better positions and the average performance employees are eliminated. A semi-competitive environment may help motivate the other average employees have high performance.

There are too many managers and directors who don't want to progress past their position. I respect their experience, but stagnation and or under performance seems to be common place.

left over staff deserves to work for a year at 32 hours if they have worked a year at over 48. Stop the cutting back.

Process Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at TRW Automotive

Pros: Flexibility, Location, learning opportunity, and people Cons: Pay is lower than other peers in area at other… Advice to Senior Management: Take care of the poople taking care of you. If a plant is making money encourage it to make more but do not do… More

He makes more than most CEO's while the company is laying off employees left and right.

Safety Systems Intern (Former Employee) Washington Township, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros: Good management. People are friendly and the work atmosphere is casual. This allows you to get work done and still enjoy your co-workers in a… Cons: TRW is at the mercy of the automakers, therefore, TRW does bad when GM, Ford,… Advice to Senior Management: Senior management does a good job in my opinion, however, some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on TRW Automotive.

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!