There are newer employer reviews for TRW Automotive

TRW Automotive - a fair place to work with minor issues.

Current Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Detroit, MI

I have been working at TRW Automotive

Pros

Solid company with forward thinking (mostly). Flexable hours (pending your boss). Good location, minimal traffic. Employees are easy going with minimal issues.

Cons

Not a career place. There is a log jam for any advancement. Over the past 3 years, there have been consistent layoffs - minimal raises (if any) - benefits are slowly shrinking.

Drop the do as I say not as I do philosphy. No bonuses for us, no bonuses for you. No pay raise for us, no pay raise for you....

151 Other Employee Reviews for TRW Automotive (View Most Recent)

TRW - Tough Times

Former Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

***IN THE PAST*** - no more-
    -Great company when times were good.
    -Seemed to value the Employees as people
    -Was able to put the resources out there to pull off difficult tasks.

Cons

- VERY management heavy - could do with 1/2 the management and more people who actually get the job done.
    - Went outside for a Chief - when promoting from within was wiser - really SHOCKED the customer as well as the employee base in a very troubled time.
    - Cut the 20% bonus to 5% for former Kelsey-Hayes workers

Pray for divine intervention as the ship continues to sink while you chop holes in the bottom of the ship to let the water out.....

Good company, good people and bad pay

Former Employee - Development Engineer in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Development Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at TRW Automotive

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities at T.R.W. H.Q.
    People who are not good with others are either filtered out or left out of meetings by management
    My supervisor was excellent
    Employer flexibility with school

Cons

Low pay and declining health/401k benefits drove me to leave because my performance and responsibilities were severely out weighed compared to the market. TRW typically does not promote interns or entry level candidates to the standard market payed positions.

Higher personnel performance might be achieved if long term entry level candidates or high performance interns are taking better positions and the average performance employees are eliminated. A semi-competitive environment may help motivate the other average employees have high performance.

There are too many managers and directors who don't want to progress past their position. I respect their experience, but stagnation and or under performance seems to be common place.

There are newer employer reviews for TRW Automotive