TSA (Transportation Security Administration)
www.tsa.gov Arlington 5000+ Employees

It had its ups and downs

Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee)
Cleveland, OH

I worked at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros- Overall a great bunch of people to work with
- Decent benefits
- Decent pay for the work required
- Job security
- Seniority based shift, days off, and duty location selection. Can be a "Con" if you're low on the seniority list

Cons- Incompetent Management
- Promotion and job selections are not based on merit. They're based on who you know.
- No incetive for senior employees to get a promotion, as they will lose all of their seniority at the next rank. As a result, people who have been working there for 10 years end up having someone who's worked there 1 year as thier superior.
- Procedures change like the weather. Job related news is usually poorly passed down and often found out on the local media before hearing about it from management/supervision.
- Shift selections are odd hours and days off; based on seniority. It's a "Pro" if you have seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd be wasting my time to advise management of anything. They wouldn't listen because it wasn't their idea.

Roll out failed

Transportation Security Officer (Former Employee)
Moline, IL

Pros: Constant, the public was great to work with, stayed local Cons: Very discriminatory, not team oriented, lacks good management Advice to Senior Management: Train your management to be diversity minded and fair No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It's not what you think! Worse than a concentration camp!

TSO (Former Employee)
New York, NY

Pros: The health benefits and looks like you are a God,… Cons: Everything about this company, in every state, is the worst nightmare you will ever… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating employees like the terrorists, Make rules reasonable, ex: Nobody can lift 70 lb suitcases alone for 8 hrs straight… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TSA (Transportation Security Administration) CEO John S. Pistole. All reviews posted anonymously by TSA (Transportation Security Administration) employees.